This seems very cheap to me!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
Talk to the seller, gauge whether he seems a wrong un, ask him to show you a receipt, proof of ownership. Trek bikes can only be bought in store, so he should be able to get a copy of the receipt from the shop if he's the initial owner. If he wants you to collect from a pub carpark rather than his house run away
Ask also for the serial number so you can check websites as to whether it may be stolen. Just use your common sense. If he is cagey and refuses to provide info, it is more likely dodgy than if he is friendly, open, honest etc.

Otherwise, he may just be looking to sell quickly to fund a new purchase or whatever, you can get new entry level bikes for not much more than that, so he might just be realistic.

OP
OP
K

Killiekevin

Cheers for the reply Vickster. I have emailed him just generically about how often he has used it etc. He has another bike for sale, seems to be a tandem so he is saying he's trying to clear space hence the reason for the sale so fingers crossed its still available

DEFENDER01

Über Member
As far as second hand bikes go i would have thought that isn't cheap.
I rarely pay the asking price and he is probably expecting a lower price as its not too far to view take a look and haggle.:okay:

OP
OP
K

Killiekevin

Thanks Rooster1. I had a look on eBay and most similar items were going for over £100 more so thought it was a good deal

Top Bottom