Those skeleton cycle shirts

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Maz said:
I love it! Bright yellow, as well! I'm so tempted!

People will go around poking you in the middle Maz, then sticking their tongue in you ear... better get a couple!:?:

Maizie

Guru
I have the Tunnocks jersey, I love it. The other day I was highly amused to realise that when wearing it, I have "Scotland's finest!" written right across my bum. I pointed this out to my husband, who in return indicated that I had "Tea Cakes" written right across my boobs...

As well as the Tunnocks jersey, I have the Marmite Hate Jams one...and I'm looking for the Irn-Bru one next, to be bought as a 'commuting milestone celebration'.

Before I cycle-commuted, I could only identify two of the cyclists I regularly passed on my way to work - one because he always carries his stuff in a carrier bag in his left hand, the other because he usually has four Sainsbury's bags of shopping when he goes home late one day a week!! As a cyclist I now identify a few more regulars when I am driving.
However (and I am getting to the point here), despite being a far-from-regular commuter, I was in a shop, not wearing cycling gear, and was asked if I was "the Marmite lady" who cycles along that road. I think that's part of the idea of the more unusual shirt, you make yourself distinct and that somehow personalises you to those who see you regularly.

I like the Northwave Heart jersey - it helps that I work in a Cardiovascular department, I suppose :biggrin: I ought to hunt one down in a suitable size before everyone is sold out...

Maz

Guru
Aperitif said:
People will go around poking you in the middle Maz, then sticking their tongue in you ear...
Can you blame them? I'm brown on the outside and lovely and sweet in the middle. :biggrin:

Tunnocks_tea_cakes.jpg

Picture of Maz at a recent concert by Half Man Half Biscuit...

Joe

Über Member
Cunobelin said:
In my case.......... A Foske Bones training jacket.
1. I am a radiographer and therefore a private joke.
2. I wanted a hi viz jacket and this is exactly that - more reflectve area than most and different enoiugh to demand attention and to cause drivers think
3. Its fun
1. I've just started a radiography degree, and I'm now becoming drawn to this skeletal cycling gear!:biggrin:
2. Any advice?:tongue:

wafflycat

Maz said:
Can you blame them? I'm brown on the outside and lovely and sweet in the middle. :tongue:

Can I and the other ladies of the forum nibble to find out? Purely in the interests of scientific research... :biggrin::biggrin:

Joe said:
1. I've just started a radiography degree, and I'm now becoming drawn to this skeletal cycling gear!:smile:
2. Any advice?:wacko:

Welcome to the fold!

Advice - enjoy the time as a student!

Whereabouts are you studying?

Maz

Guru
wafflycat said:
Can I and the other ladies of the forum nibble to find out? Purely in the interests of scientific research... ;):biggrin:
Oooh, I've come over all unnecessary!...:biggrin::tongue:

Joe

Über Member
Cunobelin said:
Welcome to the fold!

Advice - enjoy the time as a student!

Whereabouts are you studying?
Cheers!
I'm at Bangor (but situated in Wrexham as that's where the healthcare department is). Gonna be doing my clinical placements in Crewe.
Exciting times!:tongue:

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Joe said:
Cheers!
Gonna be doing my clinical placements in Crewe. Exciting times!:tongue:
Lots of nice cycling 'round here, if you get chance - out towards Wrenbury etc, or going the other way up towards Congleton and Astbury...

Joe

Über Member
John the Monkey said:
Lots of nice cycling 'round here, if you get chance - out towards Wrenbury etc, or going the other way up towards Congleton and Astbury...
Excellent. I'm loving the cycling round here too. I'm trying to sort out the bike issue when I'm on placement as I don't think they'll let me keep my nice bike indoors:sad:. How hilly is it? I'm thinking a cheap, thief resistant, fixie would be ideal for getting around on and doing some longer weekend rides to keep my fitness up.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Joe said:
How hilly is it? I'm thinking a cheap, thief resistant, fixie would be ideal for getting around on and doing some longer weekend rides to keep my fitness up.
Well, there's Mow Cop ;) but you can avoid the hilly bits pretty easily (it's not called the Cheshire plain for nothing :biggrin: )

I've not been over to the south side of Crewe for a while, (heading towards Wrenbury) but as I remember that's fairly flat.

Top Bottom