Thursday 21 July, London Parks

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

frank9755

Cyclist
I might join for at least some of it, too. Would be a nice warm-up before setting off for Paris.
Forecast is for it to be sunny but a bit cooler.
smile.gif

Frank

Up to you if you're up for the ride in then that's cool but we could probably push the start time a little bit if you wanted. I think COG is free for the day.

Thanks for the offer of changing your start time but it's ok with your 10am start i'll ride up and use the train to get back.

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
[QUOTE 1461225"]
Good to see you, Frank. When's and where's your lunch-time thing, Becs? I (we) have no set route (it's a gentle ride round thing) so will be happy to be distracted by random mates out for lunch. (Sure that's ok with Grace, Nigel and Frank?) :biggrin: mini-picnic somewhere?
[/quote]

sounds perfect!

I've got the sniffles today from riding in torrential rain yesterday with the fella on his new bike but hoping to be up and back to normal for thursday!

martint235

Dog on a bike
As I missed Brighton on Friday I need some miles so I've changed my mind. Assuming my new tyres have arrived and been fitted, I'll come along on this one!!

martint235

Dog on a bike
[QUOTE 1461236"]
NO RAIN IN LONDON (after 7am). :biggrin:
[/quote]

Until 11am

martint235

Dog on a bike
[QUOTE 1461240"]
Met Office said no rain (showers or otherwise). They did late this afternoon, anyway. BBC weather - :stop:
[/quote]

Well should I get wet..........
boxing.gif
tongue.gif

martint235

Dog on a bike
Well that was a nice little pootle. Myself, Grace, User and Nigel met up at HPC. The traffic en route had been hellish, all these fixies getting in the way. They aren't there at 7.30am, my usual time for riding into London.

We did a lap of Hyde Park and then headed along Oxford Street and North to Regents Park. We missed Regents Park (probably my fault, had my Garmin) or at least ended up on the Northern side so we headed for Primrose Hill first. After realising that you're not allowed to cycle in there, we cycled round to the top end and walked to the top of the hill.

An impromptu picnic of biscuits as a dry run for the Cyclechat Summer Picnic (cheers User) and a quick look out over a very cloudy London and it was off down to Regents Park for a couple of laps. Then down through the backstreets to Piccadilly, the Circus and Trafalgar Square before a quick run past my new office on Whitehall over Westminster Bridge and I waved goodbye and headed for home.

An easy 38 miles, perfect warm up for tonight.

We lost Nigel at Trafalgar Sq, not entirely sure what happened but hopefully he headed for home.

Top Bottom