Toe Nail Problem - warning contains picture of big toe

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
What's wrong with the Irish "stuff"? Do the Scots make "holy water"?

There used to be a (mis)conception that Bushmills whisky was drunk by Protestants and Jamesons whisky by Catholics, ans was especially prevalent in the US

Shame that the head distiller of Bushmills was a Catholic and the Scottish founder of Jameson's was a Protestant

Back on topic...... I see @classic33 icon is practising for surgery

Personally I would think a scythe is a little overkill... a hacksaw from B&Q should be adequate

classic33

Leg End Member
[QUOTE 3709963, member: 9609"]It's still attached, I have emailed the picture to the doctors surgery, hopefully I won't have to attend[/QUOTE]
It'll go on its own then!

screenman

Legendary Member
I remember my doctor telling me as a kid not to scratch my balls with my big toe as a virus can spread, it is not likely to happen as you get older.

Octet

Veteran
[QUOTE 3715413, member: 9609"]The doctor phoned me up yesterday and said I would have to attend the surgery, can't to diagnosis by email apparently - so went in this morning and he confirmed fungal infection, said the paint on stuff had its uses for small thin nails but would be wasting my time on a big thick toe nail - has given me some tablets "Terbinafine" don't like the sound of the possible side effects and the need to take them for 3 months - seems a bit OTT for a toe nail :wacko:[/QUOTE]

A toe nail might seem like a small issue, but any sort of infection (whether from a gun shot wound or a mere splinter) should be taken seriously as it could potentially worsen leading to (in worst case scenarious) death or amputation.

I always tend to keep a tub of 'Magnesium Sulphate Paste' in my first aid kit, it works wonders at drawing out infections, especially on fingers or toes around the nail. Obviously you should see the doctor/pharmacist before trying anything yada yada.

classic33

Leg End Member
[QUOTE 3715413, member: 9609"]The doctor phoned me up yesterday and said I would have to attend the surgery, can't to diagnosis by email apparently - so went in this morning and he confirmed fungal infection, said the paint on stuff had its uses for small thin nails but would be wasting my time on a big thick toe nail - has given me some tablets "Terbinafine" don't like the sound of the possible side effects and the need to take them for 3 months - seems a bit OTT for a toe nail :wacko:[/QUOTE]
Not pregnant by any chance?

classic33

Leg End Member
[QUOTE 3716159, member: 9609"]are you saying i'm fat ? too many puddings and not enough cycling is the problem[/QUOTE]
Just had a look at the side effects/warnings and being pregnant is top off the list.

Tojo

Über Member

Have a look here it tells you what they are prescribed for
http://www.patient.co.uk/medicine/terbinafine-tablets
Hope it reassures you, as only mild side affects, you may have to stay near a toilet......:ohmy:

Tojo

Über Member
[QUOTE 3716249, member: 9609"]from what the doc told me then reinforced in the cheerful drug information leaflet it was the Stevens-Johnson-Shuffle, severe allergic reaction and hospitalisation that's got me all worried, some of that stuff is enough to make your toe nails curl. lol

anyway, seriously heavy weekend coming up, the liver is going to be put to the test this saturday sunday - so may be these drugs will be better left until next week sometime. as it is the acute alchol poisoning will probably kill off the fungal infection...[/QUOTE]

Also consider a nice Vindaloo after the liver assault, if the alcohol doesn't kill it the chilly may do the deed......:whistle:...or just divert your attention to your arse rather than thinking about your toe....:giggle:

classic33

Leg End Member
[QUOTE 3716249, member: 9609"]from what the doc told me then reinforced in the cheerful drug information leaflet it was the Stevens-Johnson-Shuffle, severe allergic reaction and hospitalisation that's got me all worried, some of that stuff is enough to make your toe nails curl. lol

anyway, seriously heavy weekend coming up, the liver is going to be put to the test this saturday sunday - so may be these drugs will be better left until next week sometime. as it is the acute alchol poisoning will probably kill off the fungal infection...[/QUOTE]
Chisel & Mallet may still be required

Top Bottom