Top Gear abandons Cars for Cycling

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tyred

Legendary Member
I'd love to see Clarkson on a bike.

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
I've a funny feeling that at least one of the people who sent it to me had fallen for it

Will1985

Über Member
Love it! It's almost as if it were written by a cyclist.

No mention of the Campag-Shimano debate...that would run as long as the Porsche-Ferrari one.

Arch

Married to Night Train
badkitty said:
Oh...if only..

*goes a bit light headed thinking about Hammond on a bike again..*

oh, you too?

That was either written by someone who knows cycling, or a good researcher, judging by the refs to the Rohloff and the various frame makers...

Of course, being fans of good engineering, I'm sure the team, even Clarkson, would droll over a fully faired carbon HPV or similar. Imagine The Stig in one...

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
They should have another race in London but them all on different types of Bike motorised or not. Hammond has the same as last time, May has a recumbent, Clarkson is on a motorbike and the Stig on an electric assisted bicycle.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Very good one... like you say pity about the date... do you think they could be persuaded to do one program. Just imagine the impact it could have!!!:sad:

Arch

Married to Night Train
marinyork said:
They should have another race in London but them all on different types of Bike motorised or not. Hammond has the same as last time, May has a recumbent, Clarkson is on a motorbike and the Stig on an electric assisted bicycle.

Oh yes, that would be good.

Except, give Clarkson a Sinclair A-bike, for maximum embarrassment and hilarity.

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
Yes I'm liking that, includes foldable category but in a funny way. I reckon Clarkson would find some nutter somewhere in the world who is 6'8 and uses it to commute and interview them or get them do some kind of stunt race.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Imagine the sort of challenge they do with old bangers, only with bikes...

Except, the thing about bangers is, they tend to die when you mess with them, which is the funny thing. Many, if not most bikes, will limp on for ever.

They could have one bike each, and have to use it for speed, for carrying stuff (silly amounts, see them build trailers and stuff, or turn it into a longtail), for some sort of off road stuff, and then glammed up. One gets an ultra skinny road bike (pref carbon, so you can't weld bits on, only use sellotape), one a cheap full sus MTB (with sus set to the very bounciest), one a tourer. (and the tourer would win, of course!)

Sod Top Gear. If we ever get a gathering off the ground, we should do it!

Top Bottom