Transfers and rumours 2020/2021

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Brusgaard

Über Guru

Adam4868

Guru
Feel bad for our local team (ColoQuick) with whom he signed a contract for 2024 back in August and has been training with since. Full clothing and equipment package (including 3 taylormade bikes) arriving in January for him... Hopefully they can find someone else his size to sign so the money is not wasted.
I'm pretty sure there would of been a nice little earner in there for ColoQuick to sign him early.

Brusgaard

Über Guru
Sound happy enough for him ?

Sure, they are happy for him - we all are. But the coloQuick DS is just not happy about the current system where they get nothing if a rider breaks his not-yet-in-effect contract to go ride for a World Tour team. The end up paying for the expenses of the training camps and all his new gear. They are only a continental level team, so their budget is nowhere like a WT-team's.

Jameshow

Veteran
Sure, they are happy for him - we all are. But the coloQuick DS is just not happy about the current system where they get nothing if a rider breaks his not-yet-in-effect contract to go ride for a World Tour team. The end up paying for the expenses of the training camps and all his new gear. They are only a continental level team, so their budget is nowhere like a WT-team's.

Why offer that level of commitment without a contract. Why not start on sept 1st if they want to have pre season training camps.

Gone are the days of off season eating and drinking!

WVA and GT excepted!
WVA looked heavy against MVP this week in cyclo-cross!!

they get nothing if a rider breaks his not-yet-in-effect contract
if the contract wasnt in effect, how can he break it, he may break his word but certainly not his contract , how could he it didnt exist until 1st january

Brusgaard

Über Guru
if the contract wasnt in effect, how can he break it, he may break his word but certainly not his contract , how could he it didnt exist until 1st january
You sign a contract in August to ride for a team come January. You then tear that contract in pieces when you get the better offer. I don't know it that in legal terms is breaking your word or the contract.

What if Roglic gets a really big offer from UAE today and decides to ride for them January 1st?

I am just going off the fact that you said his contract didnt start untill january, now you say he had signed a contract in August to ride for a team come January, never mentioned that initially, however it must be doable otherwise he couldnt have done it, I guess we will never know the ins and outs of it.

I am just going off the fact that you said his contract didnt start untill january, now you say he had signed a contract in August to ride for a team come January, never mentioned that initially, however it must be doable otherwise he couldnt have done it, I guess we will never know the ins and outs of it.

Yeah. Either he didn't SIGN (it was just a provisional agreement by both sides), or there were some get-out clauses - in which case I'd be surprised that CoolcoQuick don't get a buy-out payment.
But either way, we don't currently know, any maybe both teams have agree not to talk!

Brusgaard

Über Guru

From my original post:
”Feel bad for our local team (ColoQuick) with whom he signed a contract for 2024 back in August and has been training with since. “

Most likely he had some sort of clause in the contract, that he could break it if offered a spot in a higher level team, but of course I don’t know the exact ins and outs. I’m just referring what their DS says in the local newspaper, and he specifically says they get zero money.

DRM

Guru
It's the January 1st thing though isn't it, all the pro's who have changed teams will go on their new teams winter training camp, but will still be in their old team kit, prior to January 1st, so despite having trained with ColoQuick, legally he isn't their rider yet, if his contract ran from 1st August for, let's say 2 years they would have had some come back, but being a small team they may not have had the funds to do that.

Top Bottom