Trek 7000 forks

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JasonHolder

on youtube. learning to be a gent
Hi guys
Just got hold of a trek 7000 MTB. Pretty old school one but rather lovely.
Front shocks are shot though, are there any non suspension forks I can use instead? Don't fancy shocks
Thanks

young Ed

Veteran
you riding on or off road?
plenty of vids on youtube on replacing forks. from a weee google search it suggests you have a quill stem and threaded forks? if so you need to basically undo the allen bolt on top of your stem and maybe give it a weee tap with a SOFT mallet and then yank it out, next undo the nuts and knurled rings etc on top of the forks the forks should then slide out. you now need to simply measure the steerer to be able to order a new pair of forks.

as i said though you want to look on the youtubes really
Cheers Ed

OP
OP
JasonHolder

JasonHolder

on youtube. learning to be a gent
Its thread less ;) should have been more clear. Any recommendations of rigid forks anyone has used? Cheers

Brandane

Legendary Member
Its thread less ;) should have been more clear. Any recommendations of rigid forks anyone has used? Cheers
See this post for the carbon forks I fitted to my Trek 6500 (about 2006 vintage). Give me another half hour while I rack my brains trying to remember where I sourced them (it was an internet buy - from somewhere!) and I will update..

Edit... It was this company .... http://www.carboncycles.
The only complaint I have with them is that due to the extra flex in the fork, the front brake is noticeably less efficient! If you are working with rim brakes it presumably won't be as much of a problem as the flex from the braking effort is nearer the top of the fork.

Last edited:
Top Bottom