Twitter

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

zimzum42

Legendary Member
the point is there are people on twitter who post some interesting stuff, beyond the 'I just had breakfast' rubbish

The thing is, I don't actually have time to Twitter or read other people's Twitter posts. Don't people find it distracting? Most days, it's hard enough squeezing time to come and look around on here! If I felt I was really missing out on something, it might be different and maybe I would make time, but I seem to have enough to do without adding something else.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
if you are actually answering the question "What are you doing?" on twitter it is a fairly safe bet you just don't get it and probably never will! (Greg_Collins if you want to follow)

It works best when you engage with other people, who have common interests with you, and converse with them. Lots of useful stuff on there especially if you understand how to use hashtags like #cycling or #rugby to search tweets from people you don't follow.

and tweetdeck is probably the best application to use to interact with people on twitter from your computer with dabr probably being the best mobile phone client.

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
beanzontoast said:
The thing is, I don't actually have time to Twitter or read other people's Twitter posts. Don't people find it distracting? Most days, it's hard enough squeezing time to come and look around on here! If I felt I was really missing out on something, it might be different and maybe I would make time, but I seem to have enough to do without adding something else.

Nope - FAR easier than trawling through lots of forums looking for info that is of interest to me. I can't keep up with all of the forums I'm on, nor can I keep up with Google Reader supposedly keeping an eye on them for me !

But running through a few 140 char tweets takes seconds. I can do it on the PC, the laptop or on the app on my phone. That means at a time that suits me.

beanzontoast said:

This is what I found. I opened a Twitter account to publicise my band (RhythmThieves), but I a) could never think of enough interesting things to post on there, and :smile: never really worked out how to follow people; I was just faced with hundreds of posts every time I opened my account. I lost interest in pretty short order, I'm afraid.

Top Bottom