Two RIP in Purley on Thames, Berkshire - 14-2

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
The mirror article says the car rolled and the driver had to be cut from it. No hope for the poor cyclists, and it could have as easily been a fatality with only another car involved.

The feeling I get is it was a domestic violence situation, but I guess it will become clear in some time.

CopperBrompton

Bicycle: a means of transport between cake-stops
Dreadful. The fact that the IPPC are involved would suggest the possibility that it was a dangerous pursuit. Or maybe that's standard procedures.
It is standard procedure for the IPCC to be called in whenever a police vehicle was present at the time a collision occurs. From the Standard report, there didn't appear to have been a pursuit, the collision occurred as soon as police arrived.

CopperBrompton

Bicycle: a means of transport between cake-stops
The feeling I get is it was a domestic violence situation, but I guess it will become clear in some time.
'Concern for welfare' is a phrase I've seen used both with domestic violence cases, and with people believed to be intending to harm themselves.

benb

Evidence based cyclist
Dreadful. The fact that the IPPC are involved would suggest the possibility that it was a dangerous pursuit. Or maybe that's standard procedures.
Makes no difference to the families. RIP. Gez

An independent investigation is standard whenever someone dies and there is any kind of police involvement: driving, armed response, death in custody etc.
It doesn't imply that the police did anything wrong, but they need to investigate to check.

dand_uk

RIP :sad:(((

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
It's best not to print what i think of this creature who killed those two cyclists!:angry: That could happen to any one of us....a chilling thought!:sad: Thoughts also to the car's owner,who finds that his/her vehicle has been stolen then used to kill someone! Would anyone want it back?

Top Bottom