UCI Bullying???

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mondobongo

Über Member
Will be interesting to see how this story pans out. You could say that its payback time for ASO from the UCI for having the audacity to allow the AFLD to run the testing for the Tour and if he ends up being granted a licence ASO as a result could end up with serious egg on the face never mind the AFLD.

yello

I really wish UCI and ASO would just stop this constant tit-for-tat bickering, this pissing contest. It does nothing to enhance the sport nor the credibility of it's anti-doping campaign.

Keith Oates

Janner
Maybe I'm missing something but I don't see the UCI going against the ASO in this situation. What it does suggest to me is that AFLD either made an incorrect analysis in the first place or that they have some how ruined the samples and can't confirm their early findings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

maurice

Interesting, if he gets away with it all other dopers caught will probably deny it too, if there's a decent chance of getting off!

OP
OP
mondobongo

mondobongo

Über Member
Keith am reading between the lines a little and that the UCI comments are not exactly supportive of the AFLD. Bearing in mind that the UCI were outraged when AFLD got given the job by ASO it could be a little bit of well look whats happened now if we had been overseeing things then this would not have happened.

Skip Madness

I doubt this will come to much. Even if Schumacher is granted a licence, Quickstep will at most either have to pay damages for their voiding his contract or simply take him on board and never put him in a race. He will definitely not be at the Tour.

yello

My reading too mondobongo. A kind of 'well, you appointed them' whine... or maybe I'm wrongly reading that in because of the history.

maurice

I'm not sure how it could be 'bullying'. After all if the AFLD have ****ed up they deserve to be pulled up on it.

OP
OP
mondobongo

mondobongo

Über Member
No one has said that AFLD has ballsed up. I merely expect that as the Sports Governing Body the UCI would be supportive to another organising body rather than making vague comments that are open to interpretation. It was well documented at the time that the UCI were incredibly peeved with AFLD therefore it could be seen that the the UCI is now stamping its feet at AFLD and pushing a situation because of who it is which smacks of bullying to me.

OP
OP
mondobongo

mondobongo

Über Member
What is going on with AFLD?? 6 months after the event and no sanctions have been taken against 3 riders. Indeed now it appears that the UCI are prepared to stir it up a little bit if Manuel Beltran is to be believed they have said he can race anywhere but at the Tour de France.

Fourth story down.

OP
OP
mondobongo

mondobongo

Über Member
'I am stunned, shocked and innocent' says Schumacher who was banned on Thursday from racing in France for 2 years by the AFLD. They took some time but got there.

The UCI should on receiving the paperwork extend the ban coverage to the rest of the world.

Top Bottom