UCI Track Worlds thread (with SPOILERS)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
A brilliant ride by Rowsell, I thought her legs had gone but she dug deep and rode it superbly!

She did well there.

Noodley

Pedleton just didn't seem to have too much in her legs in the 3/4 ride-off, probably knackered after semi

aberal

Guru
Some fabulous pictures here on the BBC website... http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/in-pictures-17066641

martint235

Dog on a bike
Just watched Sat nights highlights. Could someone answer a couple of questions please:

1. I always thought that the Cote D'Azur was kind of out of bounds but accept that as Pendleton was heading down the track you could argue that Meades had nowhere else to go which is fair enough. However in the next ride, she crossed it completely into the centre zone, surely that's a DQ?
2. Meades has what looks like a San Marco Rolls saddle on her track bike (metal strip around the back), isn't a track bike all about being a weight weenie?

Ta

Noodley

There is nothing illegal about riding there, unless used as a shortcut to undercut a rider...which in the case of Meares was not the case as she had made the move and then moved inside as Pendleton tried to crowd her out. If used to undercut another rider then this will result in disqualification.

However, during timed events there are sponges placed in the cote d'azure to ensure the minimum distance is covered.

I am not expert in the technical aspects of track cycling, althouhg in my experience stiffness is more important than weight in sprint events, although weight does obviously play a part as well -Meares probably finds the Rolls sadlle is comfortable.

Slaav

Veteran
There is nothing illegal about riding there, unless used as a shortcut to undercut a rider...which in the case of Meares was not the case as she had made the move and then moved inside as Pendleton tried to crowd her out. If used to undercut another rider then this will result in disqualification.

However, during timed events there are sponges placed in the cote d'azure to ensure the minimum distance is covered.

I am not expert in the technical aspects of track cycling, althouhg in my experience stiffness is more important than weight in sprint events, although weight does obviously play a part as well -Meares probably finds the Rolls sadlle is comfortable.

That appears to clear up something that I have posted about elsewhere... Thanks

subaqua

What’s the point
was surprised to just see Chris Hoy in another race . I thought he had self combusted as Hugh porter keeps saying he is literally on fire.
:whistle:

Top Bottom