Up and Coming British Riders

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
I've been coming across a number of names of British riders making their way in Continental and Pro-Tour teams recently. Alex Dowsett has been making a major splash with the U23 Trek-Livestrong outfit and with his fellow (American) Livestrong rider, Taylor Phinney getting signed up by a pro-Tour team, I shouldn't think it will be long before Dowsett gets a pro-Tour ride. Then there's Adam Blythe, who was on the podium in a major Belgian race yesterday, who seems to have been developing into a solid top-level rider. And of course the Kennaugh brothers...

Amongst the women, there seems to be even more talent: Dani King, Lizzie Armistead, Emma Trott, Lucy Martin... and more.

So who are the up-and-coming riders you think are worth looking out for and what are their strengths and prospects?

Will1985

Über Member
Expect to see Dowsett signing with Sky very soon.

Watching the track nationals today, there are a lot of really talented riders around who are already in the development programme, and others who are 16 and getting lots of support who will be getting on the programme very soon.

Noodley

Elder Noodlette has her sights set on being Scottish U-16 track spint champion next year....does she qualify?

Keith Oates

Janner
You know, I actually quite liked the fact that he was making his own way outside of the British Cycling programme and I'll be disappointed if he signs for Sky.

Why, I know Sky has not done so well this year but if they can get some good prospects (who are also British) then it must be good for the team in the long run!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OP
OP
Flying_Monkey

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Plenty of youngsters coming up although it's difficult to know where they'll end up, but apparently we should be keeping our eyes on Simon Yates for the future.
http://www.youtube.c...layer_embedded#!

He also just came second in the British Track Championship points race yesterday. Looks like one to watch.

pash

Alex Dowsett

he was awesome down at our club 10 mile TT earlier in the year - probably 3 minutes quicker than the next guys....

similar when he did my local 25 miler. he posted 51 minutes when recovering from a collar bone injury. couple of weeks later he won the Euro TT. Proper fast

Top Bottom