Update of the 2011 Specialized Allez Sport 27

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

2wd

Canyon Aeroad CF 7.0 Di2
Well I bought the Spesh in October last year and I decided to make a few adjustments

When I bought it (notice its an it at this stage and not an her ^_^ )

Library photo

specialized-allez-sport-27-2011-road-bike.jpg

Then I decided to colour scheme her ^_^

First mod was the Red Schwalbe Ultremo ZX

SAM_0343.jpg

Then the pesky white bar tape that got dirty too easily had to go and changed to the red

SAM_0355.jpg

Then i decided the white Specialized Riva BG saddle had to go as it was a bit too uncomfy,so I bought a lovely black Ltd Edition Charge Spoon but as comfy as that was it just didnt match the rest of the bike.....

So sold that one before I had chance to photo her and changed it for this lovely SDG Bel-Air with TI rails

SAM_0424.jpg

Final look (for now ^_^)

SAM_0418.jpg

SAM_0430.jpg

SAM_0422.jpg

Right,now I've finished messing about with the camera, I'm off for a quick ride out, then I'll report on the seat :thumbsup:

Attachments

• specialized-allez-sport-27-2011-road-bike.jpg
    specialized-allez-sport-27-2011-road-bike.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 173
  • SAM_0343.jpg
    SAM_0343.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 251
  • SAM_0355.jpg
    SAM_0355.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 697
  • SAM_0424.jpg
    SAM_0424.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 105
  • SAM_0418.jpg
    SAM_0418.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 113
  • SAM_0430.jpg
    SAM_0430.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 105
  • SAM_0422.jpg
    SAM_0422.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 111
OP
OP
2wd

2wd

Canyon Aeroad CF 7.0 Di2
well I'm back and was out longer than I meant to be

Lovely night,no wind,bit,chilly but really nice for riding so I decided to go a bit further than intended.

The Bel-Air is really comfy,needs a slight tweek forward as I found myself pushing back to sit on it, but once your bums in place its the most comfortable saddle to date.

was tootling along admiring the night sky and didnt see the pot hole,boooom,flat tyre

Tried to inflate it but the valve was slightly bent and wouldnt take in any air

So reached to the back of the saddle to get the spare inner out of the little saddle bag which is.....still attached to ......the.........back of.... the... saddle I just took off, which is sat nice and warm at home :banghead:

So had to ring the Mrs to come and get m

Meanwhile whilst waiting in the bus stop I had "broken down in" I had an interesting conversation with a local skinheaded youth who started to ask if it was an expensive bike whilst puffing away on some flowery substance :wacko:

Luckily the Mrs turned up and we stuffed the bike in her little Shogun Pinin,those cars are like a reverse tardis,smaller on the inside :headshake:

second time this has happened now,wondering if those skinny tyres are worth having with the state of our local roads

OP
OP
2wd

2wd

Canyon Aeroad CF 7.0 Di2
I like it both ways :becool:

Oh,just read that back and it sounds a bit Ooo Err Mrs :laugh:

OP
OP
2wd

2wd

Canyon Aeroad CF 7.0 Di2
Thats bad luck BC

Not had any punctures, but twice when I have gone down a pot hole the tyre has just deflated

I drove past the hole this morning that I went down last night and its not even that big or uneven.

I haven't sorted the flat out yet but the last time the valve was destroyed

I am thinking of looking at some Cyclo cross tyres if that will help as in general the roads around this area are apparantly amongst the worst in the country

Peteaud

Veteran
Lovelly looking bike

OP
OP
2wd

2wd

Canyon Aeroad CF 7.0 Di2
Well I've gone and done some further mods again,all for the sake of being practical

I have been really pleased with the Ultremo ZXs but they are just not suitable for the poor road conditions in my area

So now shod with Continental Gatorskin Hardshells,must admit they look damn tough

More piccies

New look with the tyres

SAM_0431.jpg

SAM_0433.jpg

Then the dog wanted to get in on the act and does a superb impression of a saddle with that face :laugh:

SAM_0434.jpg

Thats me spent up for the month!

Attachments

• SAM_0433.jpg
    SAM_0433.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 104
  • SAM_0431.jpg
    SAM_0431.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 100
  • SAM_0434.jpg
    SAM_0434.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 121
OP
OP
2wd

2wd

Canyon Aeroad CF 7.0 Di2
She's a rescued Greyhound and we and the rescue centre have worked miracles with her

The resue centre managed to get her from some sort of underground racing kennels where all the Greyhounds were full of wounds and badly treated.:angry:

The vet was going to put her down but she was saved and we have worked hard to turn her from a nervous wreck into a most loveable dog.:wub:

We have two Greyhounds and a little 13 year old Whippet,all rescued

OP
OP
2wd

2wd

Canyon Aeroad CF 7.0 Di2
Went out for a short 5 miler yesterday to see how the Gators compared to the Ultremo's

Theyr'e maybe a touch comfier being 25mm and I do feel a bit more confident riding over some of the poorer surfaces

Top Bottom