Update of the 2011 Specialized Allez Sport 27

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Well I've gone and done some further mods again,all for the sake of being practical

I have been really pleased with the Ultremo ZXs but they are just not suitable for the poor road conditions in my area

So now shod with Continental Gatorskin Hardshells,must admit they look damn tough
I was going to ask how you found the ultremos compared to gators?
I run gators on the commuter and find them great but on the boardman the stock tyres are shocking for grip so i am after some better tyres as i feel i have no grip on fast corners or in the wet.

OP
OP
2wd

2wd

Canyon Aeroad CF 7.0 Di2
Hi Cyberknight

I dont go fast round bends,well I dont go fast so it's not a problem for me :blush:

Im not an expert on tyres but from my own experience the difference, when I changed from the stock Specialized Tyres that came with the bike, to the Schwalbe Ultremo's was huge.

The Spesh tyres were like riding on glue,you could hear the tyres "glooping" to the road

I cant tell any resistance difference between the Ultremo's and the Gator's, so based on that, I am extremely happy with them and have the added confidence of higher p******e resistance and a fimer sidewall for dealing with those darn potholes

Hope that helps :smile:

postman

Legendary Member
Now what you need to do is get rid of that white frame.I hate white on a bike.Then everything will be perfect.:whistle:

postman

Legendary Member
I am pleased you saw the joke.I have the Spesh Secteur Elite,silver grey.The 2012 model is red and white,but the gearing has dropped to Tiagra from 105.My model and a few of us on here bought the same bike that year,is such a lovely ride.More upright and ideal for long days out without backache.Enjoy your riding.

Top Bottom