Upgrading Tektro R359 Brake - Fit New Pads or Junk?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

simon.r

Person
I'm not happy with the performance of the Tektro R359 brakes on my new bike.

Will changing the pads to something like these - Shimano 105 Pads - make a significant difference?

Or would I be better junking them and getting something like this - Shimano BR-R450 Callipers ?

Any other suggestions? Keep in mind that I need 'long-drop' callipers.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Change the pads for koolstops or similar. I personally find Clarkes Shimano compatible road pads are great. If changing the pads doesn't work, the Shimano callipers you highlighted are fine, got these on my commute bike.

mcshroom

Bionic Subsonic
I've got the same brakes on my road bike. I switched to koolstop salmon pads on the front and clarks cartridge pads on the back and the braking improved massively.

OP
OP
simon.r

simon.r

Person
Koolstop cartridges and pads fitted and they're much better. Still not as good as I'd like them to be, but they'll do and will hopefully improve as they bed in fully.

Inthecup

I have Tektro r359 pads on my road bike. Back pads need changing. Got about 400 mile out the stock ones, don't know if that's good or bad!

Can someone give me an idea of decent compatible front and back pads so I can purchase online.

Cheers.

Inthecup

Was mostly riding over winter. Will these do front & back?

mcshroom

Bionic Subsonic
That set has two pairs of pads but only one set of holders. If you already have replaceable holders on the bike then they will, if not you might need a second pair of pad holders.

Top Bottom