Used my face as a crumple zone!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mcshroom

Bionic Subsonic
Glad to hear you've recovered well and that looks like some good work by the medical staff there. :thumbsup:

Oh, how was the bike :biggrin:

Were you wearing a helmet?
Unless it was full face then I can't see how a helmet would have changed the outcome (whether one was worn or not) :huh:

Wow. Glad you have recovered so well, and kept your spirits up when everything was such a painful mess.

Scar can be easily covered.

NHS-524-Tortoise.jpg

OP
OP
slug56

slug56

Unless it was full face then I can't see how a helmet would have changed the outcome (whether one was worn or not) :huh:
Correct :rolleyes: I was indeed wearing a helmet, but it completely missed.
I definitely agree with all the comments here about the surgeons. I had a first-class service from start to finish, which isn't something you tend to hear often about the NHS.

Hell of a way to get a nose job! glad you made a full recovery.

Sara_H

Guru
Ouchy. My OH had a similar vrash, he had a Le Fort 3 fracture which sounds like what you had - his eye sockets, nose and top teeth were floating independantly of his skull!

Funnily enough his nose was already a bit bent, but it was streightened out a bit after the surgery.

Good to hear you've made a full recovery.

OP
OP
slug56

slug56

Ouchy. My OH had a similar vrash, he had a Le Fort 3 fracture which sounds like what you had - his eye sockets, nose and top teeth were floating independantly of his skull!

That's the one. Le Fort 1 and 2 here. I actually think I came out of it with a slightly straighter nose... And straighter teeth for that matter! :whistle:

Sara_H

Guru
That's the one. Le Fort 1 and 2 here. I actually think I came out of it with a slightly straighter nose... And straighter teeth for that matter! :whistle:
Ouch! It's about 4 years since OH did his. He gets a bit achy in his face in cold weather.

Top Bottom