Useless things in your house

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
'er indores makes me throw out useless things. Recently including, eg, about 200 copies of a really superb French photographic magazine called Zoom that my Dad used to get and passed on to me. Superb features on Magnum, Bob Capa, you name it...'Have you ever looked in them since he gave them to you two years ago?' 'Well no, but...' In the bin. *sigh* (I got a stay of execution for the 200-odd copies of Picture Post on account of 'the girls might find them useful for their History'...)

mr_cellophane

Legendary Member
Quite a few encyclopedias and other text books in the loft ready for when the kids needed them for school. Then someone invented the Internet and they all become redundant. :angry:

Willow

I work on the theory if it hasn't been used or worn for 12 months it goes. The exception to this is the playmobile and lego which is boxed up for when visitors come.

Must make some soup soon or the blender will have to go!

Willow

bikie said:
We also have
2 brevilles ( 1 used twice/1 unused)
George Foreman grill ( used 3 times)
Chocolate fountain (used twice)
juicer (used 4 times)
Pasta maker (unused)
kenwood mixer (unused)
some of them were presents but most of them seamed a good idea at the time

perhaps we should start an exchange thread.

Rhythm Thief

Veteran
Greedo said:
Was looking for something over the weekend and noticed pointless stuff in various cupboards. Some included

A shoe horn

I could go on and on to be honest

My brother and my cousin and I discovered a novel use for a shoehorn when we were on holiday in Greece last year ...

jjl45e.jpg

If your shoehorns are Competition Standard ones (like the one in the picture) and you have two of them, you can have a beer race. Hours of drunken fun at any party.:biggrin:

OP
OP
G

Greedo

Oh Aye there's a foot spa aswell lying in a box! plus 3 disposable BBQ's, a fan and a scanner I got with a PC a few years ago. Scanned my face on it once and that was about it!

Morrisette said:
I like the George Foreman grills (or the George Formby grill as we call it, for reasons I can't remember)

I do however have:

A smoothie maker
A foot spa
A "cappuchino" maker
Some 'trendy' champagne flutes with no stems

Andy

Willow said:
I work on the theory if it hasn't been used or worn for 12 months it goes.

The seat of my suit trousers has been "worn" for years but my wife still insisted that I chuck them out. :smile:

ChrisKH

Guru
Willow said:
I work on the theory if it hasn't been used or worn for 12 months it goes. The exception to this is the playmobile and lego which is boxed up for when visitors come.

Must make some soup soon or the blender will have to go!

My wife works on the same theory. Except her time lag extends to 30 years.

Top Bottom