Wales : South Glamorgan Velothon Wales

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

huwsparky

Über Member
The tumble is one tough climb, its a climb that just keeps on taking and gives nothing in return.........its horrid

Plenty of climbs local that are steep but nothing as long as that. Look forward to that one!!

sleaver

Veteran
Just had an email about registration. It isn't open yet, but reading between the lines, they may have been a bit sneaky as it sounds like general entry places may be limited leaving two charity options.

MichaelO

Veteran
"Please note, if you fail to enter the event during the Priority Booking Window, there is a chance there will be no general entries left. " Agreed - can't see there being any general entries left.

Does the priority entry mean you're guaranteed a place, or is it first come first served (or indeed, it's a ballot)? Can't see that explained anywhere.. Looking forward to the site crashing when it opens!!!

Nomadski

I Like Bikes
"Please note, if you fail to enter the event during the Priority Booking Window, there is a chance there will be no general entries left. " Agreed - can't see there being any general entries left.

Does the priority entry mean you're guaranteed a place, or is it first come first served (or indeed, it's a ballot)? Can't see that explained anywhere.. Looking forward to the site crashing when it opens!!!

When the window opens you have a week to "secure your entry" so you are 100% getting a place so long as you pre registered, and you pay for your place within the 1 week window.

They offer charity places as many prefer to have a target of raising moolah over a target of time / finishing the event. I would imagine most who pre registered would just get the general entry and then do some unofficial charity stuff if they want to raise money also.

Nomadski

I Like Bikes
I like the fact you can enter a "team" name when you register so you can guarantee a starting time with friends.

That, and the fact its got mountains in it, not hills, and its limited to 10,000 people makes me think this will be a far better event than RideLondon. Almost certainly more difficult too. Can't wait. :biggrin:

sleaver

Veteran
...makes me think this will be a far better event than RideLondon.....
RideLondon is is a lot closer and easier to get to for us though :smile:

As long as everything goes to plan, I'm quite looking forward to it. I think mainly because of the Tumble being more of a proper hill unlike what we have in Surrey. Although I won't let my legs or lungs hear me say that :smile:

sleaver

Veteran
Looks like it, as it has riders on it from TOB.

If a pro goes up it at an average of 13.8mph, I reckon I could walk up it quicker than I could ride it.
Someone remind me to check the speed at which my Garmin auto pauses nearer the time. Won't be impressed if it says "Auto Paused" while still moving :smile:

Top Bottom