Vino to Return

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Return where? With who? When?
Link please!

And I doubt that any team that includes him will be allowed to take part in any of the Grand Tours.

mondobongo

Über Member
Astana a Fan and a dollop of brown stuff who would have thought it? Reading that report it would seem that the Kazakhs fully expect him to go back to Astana. This could give some other people major league problems don't see them at the big stuff if this proceeds.

Skip Madness

If Vinokourov goes to Astana then they will surely be out of all three grand tours (or the Tour and the Vuelta at least), as Chuffy says - I don't see it happening.

Astana still have not commented officially, it seems.

I guess Bruyneel has been grabbed firmly by the Kazakhs. If they want him in, then he's in. It'll be interesting to see if he is able to resist them.

Beancounter - I liked Vino too. Until I found out that he was a cheating little bastard. He can serve a two year sentence and then bust a gut to get back some credibility. Until then he's not welcome.

Skip Madness

I gave him my most vocal support roadside on the Col de Peyresourde on his way to winning the stage in Loudonvielle in 2007 - to call his positive a slap in the face would be an understatement.

Bruyneel must know that Vinokourov would jeopardise Astana's season regarding the big races - if he is not able to get that through the thick skulls of the team's Kazakh backers then they will deserve everything they get.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
The most likely outcome is that he gets another years ban and Lance can ride into the sunset unaffected.

Noodley

Keith Oates said:
If he is allowed back into the peleton after only one year then any credibility gained by cycling recently will be completely out of the window!!!!!!!!!!!

Shocking really, as if anyone who had doped would go to Astana!!

mondobongo

Über Member
Big Test for the UCI this if they bend, backstep or just allow his return after a year then they are finished as a Governing Body. Kazakhstan will no doubt be applying pressure serious to get Vino back in.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I suspect Lance wouldn't risk any involvement with Vino so it could come down to who they want most, unless the UCI bail them out by banning him for another year

Top Bottom