Vino to Return

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
rich p said:
I suspect Lance wouldn't risk any involvement with Vino so it could come down to who they want most, unless the UCI bail them out by banning him for another year
I'm slightly surprised that LA isn't defending him and slagging the witchhunters....

OP
OP
itisaboutthebike

itisaboutthebike

Über Member
From the cycling new story......
The 35-year-old former Astana rider was in the Netherlands for a trade mission, accompanied by the Kazakh minister for sport, Anatoliy Kulnazarov, who told Telegraaf, "I assume that Vinokourov will ride next season. Naturally he will be in the Astana team."

Couple of points here.........

Would our sprots minister be in the company of a convicted doper ? I think not, which deosn't say much for Kazachstan government does it.........

Also..........I suspect the purse strings at Astana are pulled by the government. So if they want him in , so bit it, and I don't think Bruyneel(or Armstrong) will have much say.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
itisaboutthebike said:
From the cycling new story......

Couple of points here.........

Would our sprots minister be in the company of a convicted doper ? I think not, which deosn't say much for Kazachstan government does it.........

Also..........I suspect the purse strings at Astana are pulled by the government. So if they want him in , so bit it, and I don't think Bruyneel(or Armstrong) will have much say.

Except that if it's a choice between the two, I suspect LA will generate more positive publicity for the Kazakhs than a returning doper. Logic may count for nothing in the mad world of cycling and politics!

Noodley

itisaboutthebike said:

I reckon it would be more pertinent to ask if a convicted doper would be seen in the company of any of our ministers! :wacko:

Skip Madness

In today's news that Yaroslav Popovych will join Astana, Cycling News are saying Popovych "is the final addition to the 2009 Team Astana". Perhaps this may just blow over.

Noodley

Team Astana for 2009 includes Lance Armstrong, Assan Bazayev, Jani Brajkovic, Alberto Contador, Valeriy Dmitriyev, Aleksandr Dyachenko, Jesús Hernández, Chris Horner, Maxim Iglinskiy, Roman Kireyev, Andreas Klöden, Berik Kupeshov, Levi Leipheimer, Steve Morabito, Dmitriy Muravyev, Daniel Navarro, Benjamín Noval, Sérgio Paulinho, Yaroslav Popovych, Bolat Raimbekov, Gregory Rast, Sergey Renev, José Luis Rubiera, Michael Schär, Tomas Vaitkus, Andrey Zeits and Haimar Zubeldia.

FFS My witchfinder skills are gonna be pushed to the limit!!

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Chuffy said:
Perhaps we need to replace you with a more virile and active model?

:?::biggrin:

Have you ever been exorcised, Chuffers me old mate!

Abitrary

Don't pretend you're into 'racing' chuffy. Someone may challenge you to an actual race and you'll be well sussed out.

Top Bottom