Weather forecasters - rubbish

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Forecast last night for today - patchy showers after overnight rain - feeling warm/humid.

Actual - continuous drizzle all day (easing a bit now) and cold. Out there it is 13C on the stick-on-the-window-computer-weather-station-xmas-present thing. In here it is down to 17C and the heating has just been put on.

Presume they are not on performance related pay?

winjim

Smash the cistern
No, but available somewhere will be the limit of uncertainty inherent in their prediction models.

On Thursday it forecast for Monday a monsoon like rain!, this morning Monday is nothing but grey cloud.
I think they have a great job, I could predict the weather better than them!

Saluki

World class procrastinator
Here it said dry until lunchtime and then rain all afternoon. We decided not to ride, as we were late up today and by the time we'd walked the dogs we wouldn't really have time. We did some gardening instead. It didn't blooming rain until nearly 4.
Still, the garden has been worked on, weeded, grass mown etc

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Forecast last night for today - patchy showers after overnight rain - feeling warm/humid.

Actual - continuous drizzle all day (easing a bit now) and cold. Out there it is 13C on the stick-on-the-window-computer-weather-station-xmas-present thing. In here it is down to 17C and the heating has just been put on.

Presume they are not on performance related pay?
you put the heating on at 17c ???

Top Bottom