Weirdometer - maxed out

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I've invented a new sliding scale for weirdness, based around a unit that I shall call the Abitrary. Background weirdness is generally in the 2-5 range. But this scores so highly that the amount of background weirdness in the vicinity of anyone who is aware of it must surely be increased to at least 7.

I thought it was August not the beginning of April.

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
Is the arbitrary a derived unit? We've already used A and W though so couldn't think of a suitable easy symbol.

yenrod

I'd put Chuffy as being way off the scale :ohmy:

Sorry.

1.gif

:smile:

OP
OP
Chuffy

Chuffy

Veteran
yenrod said:
I'd put Chuffy as being way off the scale :biggrin:

Sorry.

1.gif

:smile:
You just want an excuse to try out the new smileys....:ohmy:

The Abitrary breaks down into sub-units. There are a 1000 milli-abis to the Abitrary. Gordon Brown scratching his nose using his foot would raise the ambient weirdness of the immediate vicinity by about 150 milli-abis, for example.

Mr Phoebus

Jackson's got triangular nostrils. :biggrin:
Quite the unique little fellow, isn't he?

Scotsmen everywhere will be rejoicing and pre-booking ther tickets for the performance. Those who haven't packed their sabres and got the train to London to find Paxman that is.

I can't believe GB scratching his nose with his foot is only 150 mA's.

Abitrary

Chuffy said:
I've invented a new sliding scale for weirdness, based around a unit that I shall call the Abitrary

Chuffy, when you broke your toys, I lent you mine. When you got lost I came out and guided you home.

When you dropped that little pot of hundreds and thousands that used to suck at with a straw, I twatted you round the head and said "eat some cola cubes for a change dummy".

When the school nurse asked you to cough and drop, and you tried to french kiss her, I bailed you out by saying that you had too much space dust for lunch.

You just sound a bit overdosed out on all the loveliness that I've given you.

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
I think you're being a bit modest about this scale you've invented. It's customary for scientific units to be named after the person who did the pioneering work in that field.

Top Bottom