Weston Super Mare pier

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

spindrift

This photo was taken yesterday afternoon...
prodigy.jpg

PBancroft

girofan said:
I wonder if the owner was making a profit, know what I mean? xx(;)

In-Sewer-Ants?

Chris James

Über Member
Cheddar George said:
I only work about a mile and a half from the pier. For my ride in this morning i was cycling towards this massive column of smoke, lucky i didn't hit anything it was quite hypnotic.

Whereabouts? I used to work at off Winterstoke Road. I was down there for 9years before moving back North when I met my wife.

Arch

Married to Night Train
hmmm, latest from the BBC news site is that:

"No-one was injured in the fire, which firefighters said started in an area containing deep fat fryers"

Whoops...

The owners are "absolutely devastated". As is the pier...

Terrible shame. There's something about a pier that sums up the British seaside, a little bit tacky, innocent, timeless. Awful timing too for people employed there - presumably a lot more people earn from itin high summer than in off season.

Good news, apart from the lack of casualites is that "The foundations of the structure, which is supported by iron girders, were said to be sound and not at risk of collapse." So it looks like it could b rebuilt, if the money's forcoming...

Piers do seem to have a habit of burning down, or is it just the case that we tend to notice coincidences and that actually piers only burn down proportionately as often as houses or shops or whatnot...

What will all the brummies do for holidays now*? They'll be even more miserable than they are normally!

*the whole of brum and prob a large portion of wolverhamptom decamps to weston super mare in the summer...

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
Dayvo said:
I'm sure 'not so' Great Yarmouth could happily accommodate them! :wacko:

And what a dive that is, plus it is full of Londoner's at this time of the year.

girofan

Kirstie said:
What will all the brummies do for holidays now*? They'll be even more miserable than they are normally!

*the whole of brum and prob a large portion of wolverhamptom decamps to weston super mare in the summer...

!!!!!!!!!!! BOSTIN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheddar George

oober member
Chris James !

I work at the end of the Winterstoke Road behind ASDA next to the Ford garage. I've come along way in my career since stacking shelves at ASDA when i was at college (about 75 yards !) ;)

Top Bottom