What do I ask for......?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tim Hall

The things I want look like strips of meccano If you're familiar with that. They bolt to the rack and then to the bosses or P-clips on the frame. I was under the impression they were all roughly the same length with a slight allowance for adjust ment
Ebay has "perforated metal strip" available if you want to roll your own.

Poacher

Gravitationally challenged member
The things I want look like strips of meccano If you're familiar with that. They bolt to the rack and then to the bosses or P-clips on the frame. I was under the impression they were all roughly the same length with a slight allowance for adjust ment
Thanks for clearing that up! As @Tim Hall mentions above, you should be able to get perforated stainless or alu alloy strip quite readily to fabricate your own supports, but really, any racks offered for sale on ebay ought to include these. The fitting varies with different racks, though - two of my bikes have Tortec expedition racks, which come with these fittings, which work well with that rack design, but these are also available, which might be easier to adapt for other racks.

OP
OP
Steam Pig

Steam Pig

Thanks for clearing that up! As @Tim Hall mentions above, you should be able to get perforated stainless or alu alloy strip quite readily to fabricate your own supports, but really, any racks offered for sale on ebay ought to include these. The fitting varies with different racks, though - two of my bikes have Tortec expedition racks, which come with these fittings, which work well with that rack design, but these are also available, which might be easier to adapt for other racks.
Quite a few of the larger cycle suppliers have "outlet" ebay shops where they sell ex-demo, ex-display products, they do state quite clearly that these racks are missing fixings, which I assume to mean the bits and pieces I'm after.

Poacher

Gravitationally challenged member
Quite a few of the larger cycle suppliers have "outlet" ebay shops where they sell ex-demo, ex-display products, they do state quite clearly that these racks are missing fixings, which I assume to mean the bits and pieces I'm after.
The seller known as wheelies_1989, perchance? A question to the vendor might establish exactly which fixings are missing - quite possibly something as simple as the 4 machine screws and washers needed to fix to the frame! This may, of course, alert other potential buyers and provoke some bidding competition.....

Top Bottom