What film did you watch last night?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

benb

Evidence based cyclist
The Lone Ranger

I don't think it deserved to be panned as much as it has. It's certainly not a great film. It sags badly after the first scene and in the middle third; it could easily lose 30-40 minutes without detriment, and it can't decide whether it's a comedy or a gritty western.

But the overall story is quite good, Depp and Armie Hammer are both good as Tonto and the eponymous Ranger respectively, and the final denouement is a lot of fun.

6/10

D

Deleted member 23692

Pixels... the world gets threatened by an aliens invasion of 80's video game characters.

Despite the poor reviews, I really enjoyed it. A nice simple 'no thought needed' flick

7/10

postman

Legendary Member
Simply one of my DVD's, just brilliant.BBC adaptation of David Copperfield,i just love it.Saturday night it will be Great Expectations,black and white version John Mills,again superb.

AndyRM

XOXO
Isolation - 6/10

Genetic experiment goes badly wrong, resulting in a pleasingly nasty beastie that chomps it's way through a farm and those unlucky enough to be on it. Low budget with a good cast and excellent cinematography, helped by being just within the realms of possibility so builds a good level of tension.

The final scene is totally unnecessary, which is a shame.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
The Place Beyond the Pines

Ok - interesting, noirish "character as destiny" stuff, with some good performances. I did feel as though I'd have preferred the Ryan Gosling centred heist tale to be rather more of the film, personally, but in my defence, I've only just seen Drive.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Last night was another of our Film Nights. The theme was critical or box office flops that you actually like. So we watched...

Howard The Duck... now i know why I've avoided this film for all these years.
Waiting For Guffman... a faultless film from Christopher Guest and crew
Punch-Drunk Love... never heard of it... utter pants.
The Last Boy Scout... mindless action... in might have known what was going on if I'd drunk less.

Tin Pot

Guru
Left Behind - Made for TV drama on the Rapture
Thor Dark World - Boring, but features quite a lot of my London haunts
RIPD - MiB style movie. Ryan Reynolds is annoying in everything, but as a comedy partner for Jeff Bridges.. they are brilliant. More please.

stephec

Legendary Member
Redirected

A gangster film with Vinnie Jones, I should've paid more attention to the Netflix rating of 1.5/5.

Some nice comedic moments, although I'm not sure they were meant to be.

Stephenite

Membå
Captain America: Winter Soldier. Boring. Nonsense. Drivel. Fell asleep half way through. Woke up to find it was still on, so turned it off and went to bed.

PaulB

Legendary Member
A new contender for 'Worst Film of All Time' has to be 'Horrible Bosses 2'. It was like watching a car crash; so bad, you couldn't take your eyes off it while wondering how on earth this sure pyte found its way onto the big screen. If any of the actors appearing in this wreck of a film have any self-respect, they will cringe inwardly whenever they remember their part in this ill-advised 'movie'. Utter, utter, utter, utter, utter, utter, utter, utter sh1te. -6/10

Last edited:

benb

Evidence based cyclist
A new contender for 'Worst Film of All Time' has to be 'Bad Bosses 2'. It was like watching a car crash; so bad, you couldn't take your eyes off it while wondering how on earth this sure pyte found its way onto the big screen. If any of the actors appearing in this wreck of a film have any self-respect, they will cringe inwardly whenever they remember their part in this ill-advised 'movie'. Utter, utter, utter, utter, utter, utter, utter, utter sh1te. -6/10

I take it you mean "Horrible Bosses 2"
Yeah, not the best film ever.

PaulB

Legendary Member
I take it you mean "Horrible Bosses 2"
Yeah, not the best film ever.

Yes, that's what I said, innit. And this film had some top stars like Christoph Waltz, Kevin Spacey and Jason Bateman. What 'joint venture' crime must they all have committed to be forced to appear in this drivel?

Top Bottom