What happen to thrown water bottles?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

novetan

Über Member
I wonder if anyone, team members, organiser or any govt agencies follow up to pick up thrown water bottle, esp along remote route where no spectators around to salvage it.

21 stages consisting 20+ teams will accumulate hell alot. Those are non degradable materials !

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
At the Tour Of Britain there was a cleaning wagon that followed behind the whole shebang picking up everything.

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
I was cycling up a well known local climb in the Peak District a week or so ago and the guy in front of me finished his drink and casually lobbed an empty high 5 bidon over the fence into the farmers field. Not impressed....:headshake: I was going to say something as I passed him, but really didn't want a confrontation with anyone at that time.

Last edited:
I was cycling up a well known local climb in the Peak District a week or so ago and the guy in front of me finished his drink and casually lobbed an empty high 5 bidon over the fence into the farmers field. Not impressed....:headshake: I was going to say something as I passed him, but really didn't want a confrontation with anyone at that time.
What a knob. Must think he is a real pro.

After the Dauphiné stage we saw in June part of the ride home covered a chunk of the days route, and there were numerous folks in cars and on bikes slowly cruising the road looking for tossed bidons. Don't think too many go uncollected.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Everything is "Biodegradable", me included. Even a banana skin lasts for more than a year in a hedge. Lobbing stuff this way and that doesn't do cyclists any favours really. It's just being a littering slob. OK, maybe they want to disseminate their sponsors products to a wider audience of hedgehogs.

beastie

Guru
Ooh it makes me mad. Just take your litter home. The pro peloton has a shocking attitude towards it. The green zones should be enforced, with a time penalty for littering, 10 seconds for illegal disposal, 3 strikes and your out the race.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Ooh it makes me mad. Just take your litter home. The pro peloton has a shocking attitude towards it. The green zones should be enforced, with a time penalty for littering, 10 seconds for illegal disposal, 3 strikes and your out the race.
The organisers will pick it all up...innit?????????

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Fans mainly but the bottles they use do biodegrade, my two elite bottles say they do it in two weeks on the side
Ever put it to the test yourself? Give the name of the product and I will try it. It sounds like absolute crap to me. I could put a clean piece of tissue paper by the side of the road and it would still be there in six months.

Top Bottom