What have they done to Guinness?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Last time I had a pint of Guinness it was no longer very bitter, black and opaque, it had gone thin, red in colour and you could see through it, like a very dark red wine. It tasted like a bitter with a heavy dose of caramel.

WTF? When did that happen?

Greedo

Might have been Guinness Red. Brought it out a while back. Not seen it for a while as everyone I knew had one pint of it and then went "f**k that, not drinking that again"

Bodhbh

Guru
Noticed the Guinness Red on tap in a few places last year or maybe before, but I haven't since - I thought it had bit the dust as it's one of those things that didn't catch on. The local O'Neills used to have it, oh well an excuse to pop in and have a look if they still do.

GaryA

Subversive Sage
Newcastle Brown Ale changed to Gateshead red Ale a few years ago..now its even worse...wherever its brewed now, probably Romania

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Greedo said:
Might have been Guinness Red. Brought it out a while back. Not seen it for a while as everyone I knew had one pint of it and then went "f**k that, not drinking that again"

That sounds revolting - I'll have to give it a try for research purposes.

Are you sure it wasn't Guinness and blackcurrant.. can't understand why people drink that.. seems to be a way of training women to drink stout. Damn could just sink a nice creamy pint or ten right now..

OP
OP
Globalti

Globalti

Legendary Member
I'll be out for a couple of pints of this later:

gold.gif

2742175340_e3fd5e8296.jpg

zimzum42

Legendary Member
Try this one out:

Take a pint of guinness, drink about a quarter of it. Knock in half a can of red bull, then a shot or two of drambuie. Tastes great, and gets you sloshed fast....

longers

Legendary Member
Guinness with a schooner of port in is very nice, but I've been unable to face it for nearly 8 years since my cousin bought me lots of them at my wedding :tongue:

Top Bottom