What have they done to Guinness?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bodhbh

Guru
Uncle Mort said:
That sounds revolting. But old blokes used to drink pints of bitter with a whisky top in the miners' social club for the same effect.
I know my grandad used to drink whiskey and guinness. He'd get halfway thru his pint, drink half his jameson, then pour the remainder into the guinness and drink that. He was irish, dunno if that was some irish thing - I think we've always had alco-pops, even for the grandads!

Love the orginal bottled guinness and a good pint of the stuff, the draft-flow shite is disgusting tho.

colly

Re member eR
Guinness and Babycham, I used to have a bloke ask me for that many years ago when I had a spell behind the bar.

Is that also called 'Black Velvet' ?

Bottled Mackeson. Brilliant stuff! (looks good, tastes good etc etc)

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
colly said:
Bottled Mackeson. Brilliant stuff! (looks good, tastes good etc etc)
(Showing age!) They wouldn't get away with that now.

Mackeson -

"Looks good,..." That's a statement of opinion and is therefore acceptable.

"tastes good..." That's a statement of opinion and is therefore acceptable.

"... and by golly, it does you good!" That's a claim that the product has health benefits. Right where have you published the results of the peer-reviewed clinical trials?

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
ColinJ said:

Mackeson -

"... and by golly, it does you good!" That's a claim that the product has health benefits. Right where have you published the results of the peer-reviewed clinical trials?

My Grandpa used to drink that - after he died we were clearing his garage and we found some of those little tins of Mackesons, sell by date was years before (he wasn't a big drinker). Tasted alright mind - well you would wouldn't you?!!!

rich p

ridiculous old lush
ColinJ said:

Mackeson -

Ah yes, Bernard Miles.

They make a version in Trinidad which is marketed to promote energy, stamina and masculinity! Different advertising standards!

colly

Re member eR
threebikesmcginty said:
My Grandpa used to drink that - after he died we were clearing his garage and we found some of those little tins of Mackesons, sell by date was years before (he wasn't a big drinker). Tasted alright mind - well you would wouldn't you?!!!

I have tried Mackeson out of a can but it isn't quite the same. :sad: I can't find the bottled stuff round here. maybe it isn't produced anymore

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
I agree - I'd never buy beer in anything other than a bottle or a glass in a pub - tins are for beans!

Top Bottom