What is it with cruise liners and vomiting bugs?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PastyPower

Rigid Raider said:
What do people actually DO on cruises anyway?

Get pi**ed, sun bathe and eat as much and as wide a range of food as you possibly can. If your any good at poker (the card game;)) and you happen to be on the right cruise, you get to play lots of cards too:biggrin:

longers

Legendary Member
I saw a cruise advertised in a paper today, cheapest berth was nearly £12,000 pp.

It did involve a 108 day round trip to Australia and various other places along the way.

Even if I had the money I don't think I'd risk it do it.

PastyPower said:
Get pi**ed, sun bathe and eat as much and as wide a range of food as you possibly can. If your any good at poker (the card game;)) and you happen to be on the right cruise, you get to play lots of cards too:biggrin:

Jonathan Woss told a good stoy of him doing a cruise. He'd been dieting and lost a lot of weight and bought a new wardrobe. No one told him to expect to put on 1lb/day due to there being 5-6 meals available everyday, thus by the end he was reduced to wearing lycra as it was the only thing that still fitted.

keithyboy

Never mind cruises, I've just heard on the news that Pontins in Blackpool is to shut. 71 humans and 431 million bugs causing the squits are losing their jobs.

Local Pharmacies fear that the loss of Immodium sales may hit profits very hard.

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
On a train from Bournemouth back to Winch, I managed to sit myself just behind two old Hampshire dears who, because they were deaf as posts, managed to fill the carriage with their chat.

The approach to Southampton Central passes right past the docks, where one of the new ships ('Freedom of the Seas' I think) is moored.

"Oy fancy a holiday on one o' them crooze loiners. Plenty o' fellas", says Old Dear 1

"There moyt me plenty of fellas, but yool get the shoots", replied Dear 2 at the top of her voice.

Not a dry eye in the carriage.

PaulB

Legendary Member
PastyPower said:
How many times do you see people in the lav of a boozer walk straight out- some people think they needn't bother washing their hands and I guess thats how most of the bugs spread.

I was in the toilet of a large hospital in the north of England yesterday and a famous (in medical circles anyway) surgeon walked straight out without washing his hands! Then again, I once saw a surgeon suturing someone's lacerated face while he was smoking a pipe.

It's always been a problem on cruise ships. We went on a 'family' cruise when we were kids and there was a vomiting virus going round then (about 25 years ago). It was a P&O boat - the Canberra. Generally though we had a fantastic time there.

snorri

Legendary Member
Crackle said:
A cruise ship visiting a Highland harbour
:wacko::ohmy:EEEK! It's a little worrying to look in to CC when on holiday in London and see that someone appears to have taken a photograph from my kitchen window in my absence.:ohmy:

Top Bottom