What Pedals (sigh...)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Thomk

Guru
I've just bought a flash road bike and think I might look a bit of a wally with my Crank Brothers eggbeater pedals so wondered if anyone could give me some advice on some pedals with the following attributes:

1. Fairly light
  2. Fairly inexpensive
  3. Option to walk a bit on the cleats
  4. Won't look a wally
Cheers!

lee1980sim

I fail to see a problem with egg beaters on a road bike

D

Deleted member 23692

Stick with what you're used to. There's nothing wrong with eggbeaters on a road bike

OP
OP
Thomk

Thomk

Guru
I use them on my current road bike. It's just that the new one has a load of gumph on it to save weight everywhere so I feel a bit of a fraud with fairly heavy pedals. Also I use Candy's at the moment and would use the standard eggbeaters if I didn't change brand but am unsure if my shoes will be stiff enough to cope with the lack of width.

OP
OP
Thomk

Thomk

Guru
I was looking at these - PD-M540

Cheap, a bit lighter than the Candy's, can still walk on them, good excuse to get some new shoes...

D

Deleted member 23692

Eggbeater 1s then - 174g per pair... and a stupid price

alternatively

Shimano A600 peals and RT82 shoes

vickster

Legendary Member
Why would you look a wally. Not like you can see the pedals when you are attached to them!

If you must switch to spd, I'd go with m520, cheap as chips, light, easy to clip in and out of as you have the clips on both sides (unlike a600 which are always the wrong way round when trying to clip in, pita!)

Top Bottom