What regional accent

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Greedo

gets on your nerves the most?

snack.gif

Mr Phoebus

Can't think of one.
I love women with an Irish or Welsh accent though. :smile:

ChrisKH

Guru
Essex/Estuary accent. Not least because I slip into it sometimes. It really is a lazy way to talk IMO and horrible to listen to.

OP
OP
G

Greedo

Quite like Cheryl Coles Geordie accent.

Don't know if this would be the same with some hairy pi$$ed down the Gallowgate on a Saturday night right enough?

Mr Phoebus said:
Can't think of one.
I love women with an Irish or Welsh accent though. :smile:

Andy

Agree with Greedo on the Cheryl Cole Geordie accent, trouble about stating what accent really annoys you is that you could offend quite a few people on here! :smile:
Plus, given that I'm never sure that my accent is exactly great I'll go along with others and say that an Irish accent spoken by a suitably attractive girl gets me every time. :smile:

Mr Phoebus

Joanna Lumley's voice is the reason why God gave me ears. :smile::tongue::tongue:

OP
OP
G

Greedo

That was the point of the post and then the smiley of sitting back snacking while the fun happens :smile:

Andy said:
Agree with Greedo on the Cheryl Cole Geordie accent, trouble about stating what accent really annoys you is that you could offend quite a few people on here! :biggrin:
Plus, given that I'm never sure that my accent is exactly great I'll go along with others and say that an Irish accent spoken by a suitably attractive girl gets me every time. :smile:

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Andy said:
Agree with Greedo on the Cheryl Cole Geordie accent, trouble about stating what accent really annoys you is that you could offend quite a few people on here! :smile:

Ageed with the Irish accent, enough to melt your heart.

Mr Phoebus

Smokin Joe said:
Brummie.

In fact it isn't really an accent, but some hideous oral disease.

I'd love you to be stuck in a lift for a day with Jasper Carrott and he was off his tits on coke.

OP
OP
G

Greedo

Agree but a Northern one has always seemed a bit harsh until Christine Bleakley from The One Show appeared on the scene :smile:

Paulus said:
Ageed with the Irish accent, enough to melt your heart.

Andy

Greedo said:
That was the point of the post and then the smiley of sitting back snacking while the fun happens :smile:

Okay then, coffee and cookie in hand! :biggrin:

Brummie grates on me and certain Essex/London area accents, but what grates on me the most is when people like the sound of their own voices and have to speak sooooooo loudly. When I am talking in a pub/restaurant/railway station or wherever, the chances are that nobody will hear my converation other than the person I am talking to. Why do some people think that everyone within a 40 yard radius would like to tune in on their conversation. Gets my goat, it really does. :smile:

Top Bottom