What shall I do with my sausages?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Arch

Married to Night Train
I've got a couple of sausages for dinner. Now, do I just fry 'em, with some onions, and have with mash and veg, or beans, or do I incorporate them into some sort of pasta sauce, probably with tomato and veg. Or, I could do a spicy sausage risotto.

I expect I'll go for pasta, because I like pasta a lot. Decisions, decisions...

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
Sausage. mash, veg & gravy (but grill 'em) ;)

OP
OP
Arch

Arch

Married to Night Train
Chuffy said:
Tin of tomatoes. Chopped onion. Sprinkle of paprika and cumin seeds. Salt, pepper. Bake (covered) in oven. Serve with starchy carb of choice.

hmmm, yes, that sort of thing I was thinking, with pasta. Although I'm too impatient to bake it, I'll cook it on the hob and adjust richness with tomato purree...

I'm thinking of chopping them up in the sauce - that way, it makes two sausages look like more.

ilb - pigs in blanket toad in the hole? oooh, there's a thought. But not today, too much faff. Gosh, I don't know the last time I bothered to make yorkshire pudding just for me. In fact, I don't think I ever did....

mr Mag00

rising member
squeeze out meat and make meat balls in arabiata sauce

Soltydog

Legendary Member
We've got sausages for tea too. Called at the ballon tree this aft & bought some of theirs :biggrin:
We normally bake them in the oven & have steamed veg ;)

peanut

oooh bangers . You've got to fry them gently then have them with mash and peas and thick rich gravy oh god I'm drooling.;)

make a mountain wiv da mash and make a crator to put the gravy in

thomas

the tank engine
ilovebikes said:
sausages - bacon - wrap
toad in whole - make

num num num

+1 for toad in the whole...

I just made myself some tom yum soup (and it was YUUMMM) and a home made Pad Thai. Never made either before but both were fantastic, and both made from scratch (even the soup stock!).

Top Bottom