What TV are you watching?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Orphan Black
From 2013 but just found it in Netflicks. Decent SciFi, dragging on a little by series 3. Good plot and quite humorous at times, very watchable if not just because of Tatiana Maslany's acting abilities... Worth a go for the first couple of series. 7 out of 10

OP
OP
AndyRM

AndyRM

XOXO
I've downloaded but not started watching series three yet.... but I'm happy that they've decided to keep it to three series rather than trying to milk it for everything it's got before we lose interest, wander off and the plug eventually gets pulled. I also punched the air when i read that the next series of the mostly excellent Orphan Black will be the last... and was overjoyed that they didn't do a second series of Hemlock Grove because it was only going to go downhill.... and I pity the fool who started watching Prison Break... just give up... he's only going to keep ending up back in prison just so he can break out again, over and over again.

I don't think you'll be disappointed, it wraps up the main story very well and there's not really any scope to take any of the other threads further. All I could imagine would be a Jekyll & Hyde/Frankenstein spin off

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Orphan Black
From 2013 but just found it in Netflicks. Decent SciFi, dragging on a little by series 3. Good plot and quite humorous at times, very watchable if not just because of Tatiana Maslany's acting abilities... Worth a go for the first couple of series. 7 out of 10
A cracking show but they'll never be able to better series one. I think the writers/producers recognised where it was going off track and wisely dropped a handful of threads. I also applaud them for not going down the 22 episode route and kept each series to 10. Series four picked up from the slightly daft third season, ended on a proper cliff hanger and I'm really looking forward to the fifth and reportedly final series.

A cracking show but they'll never be able to better series one. I think the writers/producers recognised where it was going off track and wisely dropped a handful of threads. I also applaud them for not going down the 22 episode route and kept each series to 10. Series four picked up from the slightly daft third season, ended on a proper cliff hanger and I'm really looking forward to the fifth and reportedly final series.
I never know how watching habits can affect a series like that - I'm sure they do. Watching one episode a week when broadcast as opposed to binge watching several episodes a night over a few nights (guilty). I think with the latter it's far easier to spot any problems with plot and obvious "this isn't working" inspired changes in direction/adding more comedy scenes... But yes, a bit of a hidden gem and it took me a several episodes to realise she was playing all the parts herself... Must be near the end of season 3 myself and its flagging a little, but I think it will be worth sticking with after a break... getting a bit tired and irritated by the cleche brother now as well

marknotgeorge

Hol den Vorschlaghammer!
I'm watching Stranger Things too. Cracking soundtrack...

D

Deleted member 23692

Ray Donovan is always well worth watching...

especially for the exceptional acting of Eddie Marsan

Top Bottom