What TV are you watching?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tin Pot

Guru
I might be wrong but I thought the series is just on a mid season break !?

Could be...I still think the last episode aired could've wrapped it all up. Without spoiling it, all the main actors are in play, motives revealed etc.

Kiefer Sutherland could carry it, but it needs much more to compete in the same league as House Of Cards, Shooter, West Wing etc. I hope they do beef it up, but I can't see it happening.

U

User6179

Could be...I still think the last episode aired could've wrapped it all up. Without spoiling it, all the main actors are in play, motives revealed etc.

Kiefer Sutherland could carry it, but it needs much more to compete in the same league as House Of Cards, Shooter, West Wing etc. I hope they do beef it up, but I can't see it happening.

It says 22 episodes for the first season on the wiki page , I reckon they will be jumping the shark long before episode 22.

[QUOTE 4614367, member: 259"]I saw part one and I don't think I'll bother with part two. I'd love someone to do a proper big screen version of some of the Discworld books but it'll never happen and even if it did I'd probably be disappointed.[/QUOTE]
I quite enjoyed 'Going Postal'. but didn't bother to watch all of 'Hog' part 1, might have a look at part 2 (never read that book though)

I'd love to see a couple of the City Watch books made into films/TV (like Postal)
Ingrid Berdal seemed to have Angua down to a 'T'

As for the rest of the cast??
I'd say Charles Dance, again, as Havelock Vetinari
I guess, the obvious choice for Sybil Ramkin/Vimes is Dawn French? (years ago, I'd have suggested Geraldine James? - Lady Maud in 'Blott On The Landscape')

Vimes?
Carrot?
Fred Colon?
Nobby Nobbs? (got to be Tony Robinson, with a Baldrick based appearance?)

Inertia

I feel like I could... TAKE ON THE WORLD!!
Used to love those programmes as a kid.
Find them a bit too heavy now though.
It was pretty good, they did the usual fusion is a decade away again though (it always is isn't it?)

As it was the 80th they had clips and quite a few of past presenters of previous lectures.

On other news the expanse is due back in a month!

gbb

Legendary Member
Seriously, is Guy Martin THE spawniest guy alive....just watched The Last Flight Of The Vulcan Bomber. There's something about that plane, it equals the Spitfire for the effect it has only the public.
Guy got to take XM605 to within an inch of takeoff fer chrissakes, I doubt he's ever going to forget it as well as fly alongside XH558 and help for 4 months with the preparation of its last flight.
Some marvelous back scene stuff, maintenance etc that for the first time gave me a real view of what my old dad actually did on those things and the incredible danger the rear crew faced if expected to evacuate....something my dads brother would have faced as crew cheif.

Awesome stuff. Saw it on More4 I think, might be available on catch up.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Charlie Brooker's 2016 Wipe and Cunk on Christmas... laugh out loud funny.

The Reassembler; Hornby train set... ambient telly at it's best

and a couple of blasts from the past...
an Xmas episode of Runaround from 1980, and an episode of Think of a Number with the wonderful Johnny Ball

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
Inside no9
Just earvhed it on bbc iplayer.
Those guys are experts at very dark comedy, and this Christmas special is great. Based on the old 1970's Tales of the Unexpected, with period lighting, camera work and sound, it is very well done.
Think Acorn Antiques with a very very dark heart.

keithmac

Guru
Top Bottom