What TV programmes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Greedo

do you watch?

I don't watch much on the TV as I can't stand any reality nonsense and hate tying myself down to much else as I'm never in to watch stuff at the same time every week etc. Even when I sky plus I never get round to it.

I'm partial to buying a box set though from time to time as I can watch it at my own pace and without the annoying adverts. I've enjoyed The Sopranos, Prison break, and the first couple of seasons of 24 but got a bit bored with that.

Looking for something new to buy. Is The West Wing any good???

mr Mag00

rising member
yh go with the west wing well written inteligent not typical US smarm like friends v v good VFM

Kovu

Über Member
I'm not a tv fan ... just watch DvDs these days.

I'm a huge fan though of Heroes if you ever seen that ... never seen West Wing, but I liked the Sopranos. :biggrin:

Cathryn

Legendary Member
I don't watch much although the husband will watch anything that's on - shocking! We've just got a set top box to record things we actually want to watch, and we're really enjoying it. However if I have to watch any more Grand Designs, I will scream!

Globalti

Legendary Member
The Simpsons with my son.

Anything to do with geography, geology, mountains or the sea.

The occasional film.

quidditys_shore

dont really watch much but then dont get a chance as the missus watches soaps from 6-9! i'm mainly a dvd guy.
anything i do want to see i record onto my toppy so can watch it whenever. have it set up for traffic cops, road wars and the like.
however if thetvs on and theres nothing worth watching we turn over to E4, etc as theres ALWAYS friends repeats! ;)

surfgurl

I've recently enjoyed The Visit on the BBC, an observational sitcom set in a prison and Summer Heights High, also on the BBC. SHH is an Australian comedy programme purporting to be a documentary about a life in a High School. The three main characters are all played by the comedien Chris Lilley.
I watch the odd history documentary and Top Gear and also revert to the default setting of Friends repeats when there is nothing else on!

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
Mock the week, have I got news for you, scrapheap challenge,
dragon's den, anything with david attenborough in it and currently rather enjoying britain from above.

It isn't on at the moment, but Battlestar Gallactica is one of the best shows on TV and in 2009 it will be drawing to a conclusion. I can't wait (and neither can my wife, who is not often into sci fi!)

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
Uncle Mort said:
My Name Is Earl
First Season was good (mostly)

Scrapheap Challenge
Can't ever see Robert Llewellyn without thinking of Kryten, and then obviously he needs to utter some silly Red Dwarf line each time he opens his mouth

Peppa Pig
;):biggrin: Excellent stuff!!

Don't watch much TV myself either - more into films on DVD/Blu Ray. Will watch documentaries though, and always partial to Mock the Week / QI / Never Mind the Buzzcocks as well as Ray Mears eating trees and making a boat from dead wasps.

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
I watch too many to list:blush:
Most things on the discovery channels.
Mock the week, have i got news for you, top gear, fith gear, last of the summer wine, dog the bounty hunter, my name is earl.
The police shows like costa del street crime, road wars aswell.
I can spend hours watching tv and being on the computer.;) More time on the computer then i do watching tv.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Yeah, it's probably easier to say what I really won't watch: most sport, most 'reality' stuff (BB, I'm a celebrity), anything with celebrities in fact, anything obviously setting out to be confrontational (wife swap etc...), talent/bagging a west end role type shows

Mostly, it's on if I'm in of an evening (which is most evenings) and I navigate a path between stuff I really like (anything Attenborough, various comedy stuff (Mitchell and Webb, Mock the Week, Armstrong and Miller), some dramas (I've got into Holby City for instance, although I can take or leave Casualty), via stuff I can tolerate or are vaguely into (various police/medical fly on the wall stuff, Eastenders, sitcoms).

Not having a TV with a remote, I don't channel hop as much as I might do... And if I'm often reading or knitting or something at the same time, unless it's a programme I really want to pay attention to - the telly is often just there as 'company'...

Dr Who is a must see...

Top Bottom