What Van

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Soltydog

Legendary Member
I have a Fiat Doblo (rear seated version, side sliding doors and rear up and over door). Feckin great for throwing the bikes in . At the moment it's a mobile bike garage.
My wife has a Doblo (car version) & I hate it. Not very comfy for me & not the best to drive, but it's great for the bikes :okay: Fold 1 rear seat down & my bike (large at 60cm frame) fit in upright without removing any wheels :smile:

400bhp

Guru
My wife has a Doblo (car version) & I hate it. Not very comfy for me & not the best to drive, but it's great for the bikes :okay: Fold 1 rear seat down & my bike (large at 60cm frame) fit in upright without removing any wheels :smile:

Oh, not ace to drive (loads of understeer) but these days I couldn't care less about that as I go nowhere fast.

Tail End Charlie

Well, write it down boy ......
Do you need a van? Yes, they are dead handy for carting things around, but can limit you in other ways, eg carrying more than one passenger, although I know you can get some that do. Some local authority tips need you to register your van before you can dump stuff as well.
I have a van for transporting a tandem, and I have access to another car, but if I had neither tandem nor another car, I'd get an estate.

That said, vans are great to drive giving a high up view and they are roomy in the cockpit. Other road users treat you differently as well.

OP
OP
gelfy666

gelfy666

Über Member
Well I had a defender 90, loved that.... Had estate cars in the past, but with the gardening I do a little van is just handy.
Also when we go on our cruises its good fun to turn up in a little van lol.

Suppose I could spend 1k on a knacker and the rest on another bike
Popping to a van dealer today that has the Peugeot and Citreon

OP
OP
gelfy666

gelfy666

Über Member
well ended up with a Citroen Nemo, 18,000 miles.
No central locking
No electric windows
No air conditioning
No remote locking
but seems to go well....... time will tell.

WP_20150808_10_50_06_Pro.jpg

Another one for a VW Caddy.

I've got one (diesel 1.9 2004 - 125,000+ km) and it's a dream. Great for two people and bikes, tents etc. Economical and reliable.

Mine's like this (same colour :smile:) but LHD.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTdARcs2wbCyXjvsb7RHr_g2TVS-eAUjgOO5acoS_4m_Yio6ffk3w.jpg

Top Bottom