What Was The First 7" Vinyl Single You Bought?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
'She Loves You' by the Beatles. I'll get my coat.....

I didn't actualy buy it but my first 7" record was The Ugly Duckling, it was bright orange so very distinctive. I must have driven my parents nuts because I had been trusted to operate the record player (under supervison) on my own and I played it all the time.

johnnyh

Veteran
you know it was most likely "Zerox", Adam and the Ants, cause of the B side Whip in my Valise, either that or "Lady" on the B side of Young Parisians.

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
Relax - Frankie Goes to Hollywood

Mainly because it was banned, and the cover was rather risque... didn't know what it was about though at the time! :smile::wacko:

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Sadly, my first vinyl purchase was "My ding-a-ling" by Chuck Berry :smile:
Guess I've always had a penchant for smutty humour :wacko:

Soltydog

Legendary Member
I'd love to say it was something else, but my first single purchase was Under The Moon Of Love - Showadawaddy :smile:

Wonderful Baby by Don Maclean.

I was about 5 years old and obsessed with it. The record shop in Yate didn't have it but one of the staff brought in his own copy from home for me. What a nice guy!

I still have it and have played it to both my kids, and sing it to my little one even though she's not a baby any more.

Globalti

Legendary Member
As kids we had all kinds of brightly-coloured 45s including the now deeply un-PC Little Black Sambo (still got the book) and some Thomas Tank Engine stories, also the Gerald Hoffnung story about the bricklayer and one bizarre 45 given to my Dad, a GP, by a medical rep in which a bladder operation was described in fascinatingly graphic terms.

I hardly bought any pop 45s but I think I did buy Another Day by Paul McCartney.

just jim

Pink Floyd's "Another Brick In The Wall". I think it was pink, or coloured vinyl too - probably worth a bit now.

Top Bottom