What's cooking tonight then????

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Bacon,bantams eggs,black pudding,tomatoes and fried bread.;)

the fried bread is particularly nice - just empty a third of a bottle of oil into the frying pan,soak it up with 4 rounds of bread and then fry until brown and crisp.

HelenD123

Legendary Member
Uncle Mort said:
Probably butternut squash again. Fifteen down, thirty-six to go! ;)

What are you doing with it? I picked up a recipe in Waitrose last night for squash and lentil soup but other suggestions would be good.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Will this be my dinner experience tonight?

53271920.jpg

HelenD123

Legendary Member
Uncle Mort said:
As it's just me and one of the kids, I'll roast it with an onion and some garlic and chilis, and then make a soup with it with some carrots and a bit of coconut added.

/quote]

Sounds lovely. I make a gorgeous soup with roasted squash and roasted garlic:tongue:.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Uncle Mort said:
Superb. It's like a glimpse of a long-lost paradise. I bet that's a Worthington light ale she's opening. :biggrin:

...but what's he saying to her?

"After supper dear you can sit on my face if you like!"

mr Mag00

rising member
lol ^

egg noodles, stri fry veg and chinese curry, lots of it, I know I know no such thing, but it must be authentic it came from the chinese warehouse! :biggrin:

yummy

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
HelenD123 said:
What are you doing with it? I picked up a recipe in Waitrose last night for squash and lentil soup but other suggestions would be good.

Recommend a tart - amended Gordon Ramsay recipe IIRC:

Cut the squash into thinnish slices. Fry in olive oil.
Get one of those red blocks of frozen puff pastry. Defrost (need to plan a day ahead here), cut off 1/3 and roll the rest out to the size of your oven dish. Cut a line in about 2cm from the edge, all the way round.
Grate a lot of smoked hard cheese (~100g?) Put the cheese, fried squash, and some sun-dried tomatoes from a jar on the puff pastry. Stick it in the oven, and wait until half done. Then add the rest of the cheese, and finish off.

Top Bottom