What's the most you have won on the lottery

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mr Pig

PaulB said:
I once had 5 and the bonus ball. Didn't win a carrot!

How's that? I thought you would get something for that.

Do the lottery with 2 work colleagues on basis the "don't want to be the one left at work" when the (1 in 14 million chance!) 6 numbers come up.

We won c£2,100 with 5 numbers, some years ago, can still remember to this day the 6th number we didn't have was 36 (our 6th being 32).

Kept doing it on basis that the win "bought us" several years worth of tickets (totally irrational as we all spent our c£700 on items we were not planning to buy prior to the win.....as I recall I bought another bike - there's a surprise;)).

Mr Pig

Toshiba Boy said:
Do the lottery with work on basis the "don't want to be the one left at work"

When the lottery first started the folk at work set up a syndicate. I was the only person at work who didn't join it! There were, and still are, a few people who only continue playing because they are afraid of the numbers coming up the week they stop.

I've just worked out that since the lottery started the people at work have spent approximately £15'600. I don't think they've won anything other than about £100 years ago.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Bugger all......did it for the first year with the family, any winnings gave us a free week.... not bothered since

I can guarantee not one single number I pick comes up..... that's 6 off the 49.......anyone want to know which six won't be up next week......cost you a pound...no guarantees...... :bicycle:

grhm

Veteran
I had a school friend who got 5 numbers and bonus. He was in the pub and the draw on the telly. He thought he'd won a fortune and bought a round for the whole pub - cost of about 150quid. However, it turned out that week 132 people (IIRC) got all 6 numbers - so his 5+bonus was only 180quid.

To be fair he took it well.

PaulB

Legendary Member
grhm said:
I had a school friend who got 5 numbers and bonus. He was in the pub and the draw on the telly. He thought he'd won a fortune and bought a round for the whole pub - cost of about 150quid. However, it turned out that week 132 people (IIRC) got all 6 numbers - so his 5+bonus was only 180quid.

To be fair he took it well.

And why wouldn't he? He's £30 up and generated lots of good will. Happy days, that.

grhm

Veteran
PaulB said:
And why wouldn't he? He's £30 up and generated lots of good will. Happy days, that.

The same result the week before would've netted him £100,000+. He was greatful for still being £30 up - and it make a nice story, even ..erm.. 11-12yrs later.

FatBloke

Über Member
I got £1,506 for five numbers a couple of months ago. Shared with 6 others, so just over £200 each.

Better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick.

Top Bottom