What's the most you have won on the lottery

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Soltydog

Legendary Member
Back in 1999 I won just over £1700 for 5 numbers, then the week after was told i was being made redundant :tongue:

PS if it's a stupidity tax, I should be paying more :-D

Mr Pig said:
Nothing. Never played it.

Stupidity tax...

+1

Andy in Sig

Vice President in Exile
About fifty quid. One week I forgot to put the ticket in and stupidly checked anyway only to find out that I'd missed out on 850 grand!!! Moral: never check the numbers you didn't put in.

PaulB

Legendary Member
What about the woman who had the winning numbers in TWO US State lotteries? Thing is, she had the numbers that won the (I can't remember the states but they were neighbouring ones so say) Colorado and Utah lotteries but the wrong way round!

tyred

Legendary Member
I've played it a total of about three times in my life. Never won anything and never intend to play again. A friend of my dad's spends about 40Euro a week on lottery tickets and has done since it first came out (in Ireland, that was about 1986). He rarely wins anything but claims he only needs to win once and then he won't have to work again. I figure if he'd saved all the money he's spent since 1986, he would have had enough to retire on by now anyway...

Mr Pig

Rhythm Thief said:

How dare you be so negative! Blinkin' typical you're always moaning, being a downer and moaning and sh**. Here we are having a nice discussion about how we've all spent several thousand pounds on the lottery and won sweet f.a. back you you go and ruin it!

It's a dream, just a bit of fun, there's no harm in it and it could be you. Wait 'till I'm driving past in my Bentley...I mean riding past on my really expensive bike made of carbon and diamonds and and stuff and you'll be crying and I'll be laughing, yes laughing. Who'll be the idiot then eh?

tyred

Legendary Member
Mr Pig said:
It's a dream, just a bit of fun, there's no harm in it and it could be you. Wait 'till I'm driving past in my Bentley...I mean riding past on my really expensive bike made of carbon and diamonds and and stuff and you'll be crying and I'll be laughing, yes laughing. Who'll be the idiot then eh?

A Peugeot 205 and old steel frame in the hand is better than two Bentleys and two carbon and diamond frames in the bush:laugh:

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
PaulB said:
What about the woman who had the winning numbers in TWO US State lotteries? Thing is, she had the numbers that won the (I can't remember the states but they were neighbouring ones so say) Colorado and Utah lotteries but the wrong way round!

Reminds me of an old Les Dawson joke....

I had a Stradivarius and a Rembrandt once.
Problem was Stardivarius was a rubbish painter and Rembrandt made terrible violins.

Oh well, reminded me anyway....

...£10

col

Legendary Member
When the lottery first started we would win a tenner almost every other week, that lasted a few months and the odd tenner since, nothing in the last year or so.

Top Bottom