When is a room too warm for you?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

yello

My wife and I spent a night in a hotel earlier in the week. On entering the room, the first thing we did was open the windows as it was too warm. Then, on Weds, I was at the docs; the waiting room was stifling. Both were probably 18C or more.

At home, we don't normally bother with the heating until it drops below around 12C so it's obvious that we'd find hotel rooms etc way too warm.

What sort of temperature do you reckon is about right? And do you think public buildings are, generally speaking, too warm?

I find that if it gets over 18+ my nose dries up and I have a bad nights sleep

puddleglum

It's not so much temperature as stuffiness, in public buildings IMO. My office relys on hopeless aircon, with no illusion of fresh air, yet icy drafts in certain spots with stagnat, dusty air in others.
I do like my heating on to about 20 - 22C in the winter. I'm still sleeping with 2 duvets, but the window does have to be open for the fresh air :sad:.
I was round at a friend's flat in December and the thermometer read 12C, she thought it wasn't too bad, but I was sat there with jacket on, hood up and a blanket wrapped around me knees! And still moaned!

I like bedrooms really cold, anything over 16 is too hot, but I like 20-22 degrees during the day (although I can cope with it lower) - as I never turn my heating on, that only happens in my flat in summer!

puddleglum

punkypossum said:
I like bedrooms really cold, anything over 16 is too hot, but I like 20-22 degrees during the day (although I can cope with it lower) - as I never turn my heating on, that only happens in my flat in summer!

i was trying to keep you anonymous there! :sad:

puddleglum

punkypossum said:
Eh??? What are you doing on here anyway? I thought you were supposed to be plucking your legs????

Still munching me muesli m'dear, and to stay on topic, the trusty thermometer is reading 20C!

Batzman

I like 24-26 degrees... anything below about 21 and it feels like the next ice age has started.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I find that most people (especially women) have their rooms too warm for my liking.

Public transport is usually a nightmare at this time of year too. I took my bike to Leeds to meet colly and Calum a couple of weeks ago and a wave of stuffy hot air hit me as soon as I boarded the train - it was so oppressive that I was almost passing out. A couple of old ladies in great big overcoats, scarves, and hats got on and one turned to the other and said "Ooh, isn't it lovely and warm!"

I also think that most people like beds way too warm.

My attitude to warm clothing, warm bedding and home heating is 'the minimum that I need' not 'the maximum that I can stand'.

yenrod

>When is a room too warm for you?

Ive found as i come from a northern climate that is my tolerance - though i love heat, warmth, sunny, weather.

A nice 23'-25'c :sad:

Onto a domestic situ. as I always go around the world when talking 'bout something....

I find as we've came out of a chilly winter I went out before to the local shops with a t-shirt & a coat instead a pullover too !

Back to the inside of a house and temp. i can tolerate: - anything over 20'c and I get uncomfortable...

yenrod

ColinJ said:
I find that most people (especially women) have their rooms too warm for my liking.

Public transport is usually a nightmare at this time of year too. I took my bike to Leeds to meet colly and Calum a couple of weeks ago and a wave of stuffy hot air hit me as soon as I boarded the train - it was so oppressive that I was almost passing out. A couple of old ladies in great big overcoats, scarves, and hats got on and one turned to the other and said "Ooh, isn't it lovely and warm!"

I also think that most people like beds way too warm.

My attitude to warm clothing, warm bedding and home heating is 'the minimum that I need' not 'the maximum that I can stand'.

To lead on from what you say here Colin my angle on people dressing up like trussed up chickens & needing to be warmer - i feel its like their bodies are stagnant..and so are burning no energy so they need the warmth as they are just soo immobile.

Top Bottom