When is a room too warm for you?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

yenrod

HEATINGS FOR WIMPS !

Keith Oates

Janner
It's not just the temperature but also the humidity, out here it gets very humid and that's when I have a problem with sleeping. HWMBO likes to have the aircon set at 25 C which is too warm for me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Keith Oates said:
It's not just the temperature but also the humidity, out here it gets very humid and that's when I have a problem with sleeping. HWMBO likes to have the aircon set at 25 C which is too warm for me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Aarrgh - hot AND humid would kill me! :ohmy:

I sweat a lot riding my bike even in UK conditions - typically 5-6 litres during a century ride, perhaps 7-8 litres on a warm century. (I know that by weighing myself before and after and taking off the weight of food and drinks consumed).

If conditions were humid, I just wouldn't be able to drink enough to keep going.

OP
OP
Y

yello

ColinJ said:
I sweat a lot riding my bike even in UK conditions - typically 5-6 litres during a century ride, perhaps 7-8 litres on a warm century.

My god man, you're a mobile fountain! :ohmy:

derall

Guru
17 to 18 C is just fine for me. The rest of the flats I'm in at the moment are inhabited by East Europeans who seem to prefer temperatures around 25 to 30 C. Whilst Brits reach for the woolly pully when it gets cold, Poles and Czechs reach for the thermostat. I haven't had the heating on once over the winter (well, other than a single occasion when I think I was verging on the hypothermic when I got back from an 80km one bitterly cold day) and heat from the surrounding flats has kept my flat more than warm enough, and I've been using a 4.5-tog duvet all winter. I'm not good with warm weather, and I'll suffer when summer comes around. Today was plenty warm enough for me.

Globalti

Legendary Member
When the stove is lit in our lounge (every night) I sweat if I'm wearing anything more than a T shirt. I reckon it gets up to 26 degrees C or more. But it's never stuffy as a real fire sucks so much air up the flue.

Willow

It depends on what I'm doing. Car temp I usually set for around 18 but like the heated seats on if I;ve been watching a footie match or something similar. In the house I only have radiator thermostats (usless) I;m always fiddling with them, turn it up to dry the washing, down when I'm cleaning up again if I;m sitting down well that will be the hour after boys are in bed and before I go up. Fortunately I have an office to myself at work so I can twiddle with the radiator until I am a comfortable temp. which is usually off! Nightime heating off, window preferably open but unfortunately one of the curses of the husband leaving is I now find myself living by a busy road and I'm torn between getting some sleep and having the 'fresh'(?) air. Usually the quiet wins.

Wolf04

My favorite temp is about 15oC. Or to put it another way if the ladies present are happy then it's too hot, at least in my experience, must be a Mars/Venus thing. I particularly find supermarkets far too hot especially as everyone is usually wearing outside clothing. Hospitals however are the worst it's enough to make you ill.

Top Bottom