When would you like 'to go' ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Having recently been speaking with people who have been through it 3, 5 and ten years ago, only slightly easier they tell me, it never goes away.

No, 10 months for me and I still cry most days.
I sometimes think it might have been better if we didn't love each other so much.
There you go, you have me blubbing again......your fault :rolleyes:

Slick

Guru
Having recently been speaking with people who have been through it 3, 5 and ten years ago, only slightly easier they tell me, it never goes away.
I suppose everyone's experience Is different, but my experience is you just learn to talk about it less as you realise how uncomfortable it leaves others and you just get better at hiding it.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Does anyone remember a TV film with Brian Blessed as the lead character which was a long time ago?
It was science fiction set in some unthinkable future.
Everyone had a set time in this world and on the due date you presented yourself at the appropriate place and that was the end of you.
In this case they were all dressed in togas and there were facilities for a farewell party which was the main feature of this film.
At the due time a bell rang and BB and his wife who had volunteered to go with him were ushered into a lift which closed and that was the end.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Does anyone remember a TV film with Brian Blessed as the lead character which was a long time ago?
It was science fiction set in some unthinkable future.
Everyone had a set time in this world and on the due date you presented yourself at the appropriate place and that was the end of you.
In this case they were all dressed in togas and there were facilities for a farewell party which was the main feature of this film.
At the due time a bell rang and BB and his wife who had volunteered to go with him were ushered into a lift which closed and that was the end.

Logans Run by any chance ?

oldwheels

Legendary Member
My condolences to @screenman.
My own wife died 8 years and 6 months ago and I think of her often still. It does get a bit easier but the grief never really goes away.
I drive past her grave frequently and always glance over to make sure the white roses she requested before she died are still evident. I go and make a physical check every month with fresh flowers. They have to be artificial ones as the red deer eat anything else tho' they never touch the snowdrops I planted.

screenman

Legendary Member
I suppose everyone's experience Is different, but my experience is you just learn to talk about it less as you realise how uncomfortable it leaves others and you just get better at hiding it.

I am going to take that on board, thank you I think it will help me.

I am going to take that on board, thank you I think it will help me.

I think it is best to find people that understand when you need to talk

My wife knows that sometimes I just need to mention my parents and it is OK
I also sometime get all upset when I think of my daughter - who I have not seen for many years

oh - and when someone plays Puff the Magic Dragon - I just feel so sorry for the poor dragon
although that seems to just be me!

but she knows that I need to say something from time to time and she keeps an eye on whether I am upset or just mentioning it

Dave7

Legendary Member
My condolences to @screenman.
My own wife died 8 years and 6 months ago and I think of her often still. It does get a bit easier but the grief never really goes away.
I drive past her grave frequently and always glance over to make sure the white roses she requested before she died are still evident. I go and make a physical check every month with fresh flowers. They have to be artificial ones as the red deer eat anything else tho' they never touch the snowdrops I planted.

You may not realise it but after my wife died your words helped me. I had felt as though I was the only person it had ever happened to.
I had 'very brief' suicidal thoughts but they are fading away as time passes.

Top Bottom