Which hybrid bike should a get out of these? UK Buyer here

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
You realise the cypress you have linked also has suspension...and without a lockout...so it'll be horrible and bouncy on roads

On that basis, get the Dawes if it feels right after an Evans testride. I don't know if JE James offer on road testrides

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
The basic curved leg sus very short travel fork on the Giant may be a bit lighter than the straight leg ones on the other bikes in the OP's links, not least because I suspect it only has one coil spring in one leg or the other.

Performance is still poor, of course.

The pogo stick sus seatpost is also probably not up to much.

That could be changed for about £15, but the OP is on a tight budget.

OP
OP
cycleway

cycleway

You realise the cypress you have linked also has suspension...and without a lockout...so it'll be horrible and bouncy on roads

On that basis, get the Dawes if it feels right after an Evans testride. I don't know if JE James offer on road testrides

Ooh I thought it was only suspension on the seat. I'll probably just go for the Dawes if it feels right like you said. Thanks for posting B'Twin Road bike, I might consider it. The only problem I see with it is that it's a full on road bike so it might not be suitable for more rougher surfaces if I do decide to take a shortcut and go off onto a bumpy path or something.

vickster

Legendary Member
Ooh I thought it was only suspension on the seat. I'll probably just go for the Dawes if it feels right like you said. Thanks for posting B'Twin Road bike, I might consider it. The only problem I see with it is that it's a full on road bike so it might not be suitable for more rougher surfaces if I do decide to take a shortcut and go off onto a bumpy path or something.
You should be fine on a bumpy path, you just need to slow down. I can't open the specs for some reason, but I assume it's on a 25 or 28mm tyre

Top Bottom