Which is worse - rabbits or insects?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Davidc

Guru
I just went out for an evening pleasure and exercise ride, taking in paths beside canal and river.

The insects are back in force, so had to ride it with my mouth closed (after eating my protein RDA on the wing), and to add to the hazards there were literally hundreds of rabbits intent on running under my wheels. :biggrin: I only touched one and it ran off, but it was close.

(Bike front lights evidently aren't enough to make them freeze like car lights do).

How much damage does a rabbit do to a bike wheel at 10 mph, how much damage does the bike do to the rabbit, what are the chances of not ending up sprawled on the path/ in the river, and can rabbits laugh?
:biggrin:

Mr Pig

I hit a dog that was slightly bigger than a rabbit and I came off. Not much to a rabbit though, they're quite long and thin, so I think you'd probably go over it.

derall

Guru
Hit a rabbit once, back in my MTB days. Out on a night ride on a single track. Rabbit jumped out from a hedge, froze in my light. Tried to - pardon the pun - bunny hop, got the front wheel up but not the back. Went straight over its neck. Clean kill.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
derall said:
Hit a rabbit once, back in my MTB days. Out on a night ride on a single track. Rabbit jumped out from a hedge, froze in my light. Tried to - pardon the pun - bunny hop, got the front wheel up but not the back. Went straight over its neck. Clean kill.

...and yet it didn't move!

Top Bottom