Whisky

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianjmcd

Über Member
Chapter Nine is worth investigating. A peaty single malt made in England.

chap9.jpg

Sacrilegious

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Sacrilegious

I know! Next they will be saying that Scotland has a Cricket team!!

... Oh.... Wait...

Norm

Japanese whiskeys are rather good, and Suntory, probably the most famous, sponsored golf tournaments a couple of decades ago to get their name out there.

Highland Park is nice, I've just about demolished (I've got a cold, it's for medicinal purposes) a Bushmills 10 year old in the last week, then I'll move on to Canadian Club or Gentleman Jack... I have a fairly broad palate for whiskey / whiskey. :thumbsup:

byegad

Legendary Member
Highland Park is my choice too.

I hate the people who offer you one then try to adulterate it with water, lemonade:banghead:, ice or some other pollutant. The big whisky makers spend hours getting the balance of water and distillate just right. Why do people spoil it?

Norm

I hate the people who offer you one then try to adulterate it with water, lemonade:banghead:, ice or some other pollutant. The big whisky makers spend hours getting the balance of water and distillate just right. Why do people spoil it?
Whilst I completely agree about water and lemonade, I do think that a cheap scotch and dry ginger makes a rather pleasant aperitif. Only a cheap scotch, though, certainly not one that anyone has spent hours perfecting.

I'm not sure whether I should confess to being rather partial to a good slug of decent whiskey in strong black sweet coffee, then. But I am. :thumbsup:

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
Highland Park is my choice too.

I hate the people who offer you one then try to adulterate it with water, lemonade:banghead:, ice or some other pollutant. The big whisky makers spend hours getting the a balance of water and distillate just right. They then spend a small fortune to persuade the gullible through carefully scripted copy that the product is unique, superior and should be drunk in a preferred manner.

Fixed that for you

Why do people spoil it?

They don't. More often than not they improve it. :thumbsup:

subaqua

What’s the point
The Indian whisky is excellent. I was given a bottle of Amrut a couple of years ago and in a blind taste test of various well-respected malts among friends it came second. It's a belter. Also worth trying is the Welsh malt Penderyn.

GC

the penderyn stuff is stunningly good. the GrandSlam special was brilliantly smooth.

Top Bottom