Whisky

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

thom

____
the penderyn stuff is stunningly good. the GrandSlam special was brilliantly smooth.
It looked like one of those sheds flogging sheepskins imported from Turkey, so I assumed the whisky would be a mediocre novelty product for the tourists. I see I was wrong.
I second subaqua's opinion - bought it as a comedy birthday gift once and the bottle's contents lasted no more that 3 hours from opening. Subsequent purchases haven't dissuaded me.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Rum - yum
Whisky - yuk
^_^
In which case you'd love Aberlour A'Bunadh. Very reminiscent of Woods Navy Rum.

Saying you don't like whisk(e)y is a bit like saying you don't like music, or French food, and indicates you've simply not found an expression you like yet. With the emphasis on yet.

Of the affordable tipples Clynelish is my current favourite Scotch, but Edradour is coming up fast in the rails.

Dead heat between Powers and Redbreast for Irish.

Chrisc

Guru
Have been known to partake.

photo.jpg

Some favourites

islay.jpg

Chrisc

Guru
hmmm. if you speak to an expert or go to a reputable whisky tasting there will ALWAYS be water offered to add, ideally from the same source as the whisk(e)y - (e) lets not exclude the Irish - some very lovely stuff comes from near Coleraine in particular.

Next time you pour yourself one, just add a drop of water and watch the surface as you do so, that wormy, oily look that you will monentarily see is the Esters being released giving the true full flavour of the drink and letting you in on the smell and taste and feel that the distiller intended.

If people offer you anything other than water though - you are legally entitled to kill them with fire. (well you would be if if I was global uberlord)

My Uncle, who is Scottish, offered me and my brother in-law a whisky one Christmas and asked how we wanted it. I said just a splash of water please, brother in law asked for orange juice in it. My Uncle never flinched, just said to him, "You'll be drinking beer then".

Large

Duty idiot
Isla - Ardbeg. Nothing compares.

Highland Park 18 is the best of that partifcular bunch. It's always in the top 10 great whiskies

I've yet to find a duff Irish whiskey. They're all pretty good.

Best thing to do is get a copy of Jim Murray's Whisky Bible and look through that.

Chrisc

Guru
[QUOTE 2172883, member: 259"]He's not afraid of being controversial. He really rates this Belgian Whisky! :ohmy:

rubrique_3.jpg

I haven't tried it yet but Santa might be bringing me some if I'm good. :whistle:

.[/quote]
Well the buggers can certainly make beer so I will give the cask strength a go if I can find some.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
I know it wont sound like much, but I'm actually quite proud of what I've said in the post above, because barrng serious illness, I don't think I've ever been sober for this long since early '20s! :blush:

Top Bottom