Why are some people so friggin useless?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

montage

God Almighty
Police lady says "get in contact with me in may to get your bike back" ....I have sent 3 emails, she has phoned up my home phone, dad answered, she said don't worry she will email me ...she never did. Same thing happened again, phoned up, promised an email....still don't have one.

I was planning on racing tonight, but need my helmet which was due today to do this. Everybody has been out the house all do so a perfectly clear message was put on the door for the parcel to be left at the neighbours. Guess what, it was returned to the post office, which has stupid opening times so it can only be collected at the weekend...meaning that I completely wasted paying priority delivery on wiggle in order to get my helmet ready for tonights race.

Oh and some twot of a kid I was playing tennis against seemed incapable of putting any effort into playing, making for a boooring tennis session - more of a waste of time.

Being let down by people who struggle to recruit more than th basic functional braincells irritates me.

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
Lol - life's a b*tch huh :tongue:

And that is my 1500th post! :smile:

Mr Pig

I hate other people!

With you on the postmen. Whatever they should do, they'll not do. Ours kept leaving packages on the front door step, which is in clear view in the pavement along the main road about twenty-feet away! So after years of asking, and I'm not exaggerating, he now leaves them at the back door, to get soaked in the rain. What can you do.

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
Shouldnt play the stupid game that is tennis then.
Smacking a ball back and forth as hard as you can is just pointless.

Arch

Married to Night Train
I suppose you just have to remember that you have a) all your limbs, :tongue: enough to eat and c) a roof over your head.

Although I get wound up by the littlest things too...

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
Postmen can be uber-annoying. Had my Ribble frame delivered on Friday (tried to be delivered anyway). Instead of taking it to the main PO branch (about 200 yards away) where they normally take stuff he elected to take it to a little sub post office a couple of miles or so away. Pretty irritating to have to jump on the bus down there and back on a Saturday morning to collect it. Got there at 8:30am as this is the time they advertise as opening but oh no decided to open at 9am on that particular day! Grrrr. Anyway... could be worse, could have been playing tennis.

OP
OP
montage

montage

God Almighty
summerdays said:
Get yourself a greenhouse... that's where the postman decided to leave all our parcels ... works really well.

It's in the back garden... Anyway I don't think I'd like to let such a useless breed of homosapien into my garden..

On a side note... aren't they fading out postmen's bikes as they are too slow?

Maz

Guru
montage said:
Police lady says "get in contact with me in may to get your bike back" ....I have sent 3 emails, she has phoned up my home phone, dad answered, she said don't worry she will email me ...she never did. Same thing happened again, phoned up, promised an email....still don't have one.

I was planning on racing tonight, but need my helmet which was due today to do this. Everybody has been out the house all do so a perfectly clear message was put on the door for the parcel to be left at the neighbours. Guess what, it was returned to the post office, which has stupid opening times so it can only be collected at the weekend...meaning that I completely wasted paying priority delivery on wiggle in order to get my helmet ready for tonights race.
Why don't you cycle without a helmet?
Or is the bigger problem that your bike is still at the cop shop (for some reason)?

OP
OP
montage

montage

God Almighty
Maz said:
Why don't you cycle without a helmet?
Or is the bigger problem that your bike is still at the cop shop (for some reason)?

The bike the buzz have is not my racing bike, so is not the issue.

I am strongly in favour in cycling with a helmet, but the actual issue, as Arch pointed out, is that you cannot race without a helmet. Especially on the track

gavintc

Guru
I live in 3rd floor Victorian flat (no lift). The postman does not like delivering and either waits till he has a decent bundle (weekly) or drops it at the bottom of the common stair. No amount of complaining to the 'customer service' stupid woman makes any difference.

Top Bottom