Why are some people so friggin useless?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bonj2

Joe24 said:
Bonj is an idiot aswell.
Smacking a ball against a wall as hard as you can. WTF is the point in that?
Now, smacking pointed sticks at pigeons and pheasents and stuff for hunting, thats a real sport.
I've heard you shouldn't eat more than 3 pigeons a week. They are apparently poisonous and if you eat more than that, they can be hallucinogenic.

Joe24 said:
Ahhhhhh Bonj.
Are you still playing the pointless game of squash?

squash is a much more skilfull game than tennis, it's a lot faster.
Quite good exercise for the upper legs as well, helps with cycling a lot (and the other way round - i think one of the reasons i'm quite good at squash is 'cos i cycle)

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
bonj said:
i think one of the reasons i'm quite good at squash is 'cos i cycle)
Quite a few tight turns on the squash court! ;):rolleyes:

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
bonj said:
I've heard you shouldn't eat more than 3 pigeons a week. They are apparently poisonous and if you eat more than that, they can be hallucinogenic.

squash is a much more skilfull game than tennis, it's a lot faster.
Quite good exercise for the upper legs as well, helps with cycling a lot (and the other way round - i think one of the reasons i'm quite good at squash is 'cos i cycle)

Yes but Bonj, what is the point in smacking a little rubber ball at a wall?

If you eat more then 6 rabbits a day(or is it a week:wacko:) you will die

bonj2

Joe24 said:
Yes but Bonj, what is the point in smacking a little rubber ball at a wall?

If you eat more then 6 rabbits a day(or is it a week:wacko:) you will die

the only point in it, really, is simply that it's something to be better than someone else at - and therefore fun.
Same as the only point in, say, chess - is that it's something to beat someone at.
Have you not noticed how cycling as a sport is only fun if you're comparing your times to someone else's. If you do a TT in 25:00, what does that mean if no one else ever does that TT and you have no-one else to compare against, and therefore no-one to be better than?
the only reason sport is fun is because you get to BEAT the opponent!

Joe24

bonj said:
the only point in it, really, is simply that it's something to be better than someone else at - and therefore fun.
Same as the only point in, say, chess - is that it's something to beat someone at.
Have you not noticed how cycling as a sport is only fun if you're comparing your times to someone else's. If you do a TT in 25:00, what does that mean if no one else ever does that TT and you have no-one else to compare against, and therefore no-one to be better than?
the only reason sport is fun is because you get to BEAT the opponent!

Bonj, you edited that from saying chess is only fun because you get to beat an opponent.
Chess is pointless.
Sport isnt just fun because you get to beat someone, or there wouldnt be many people doing it, because if everyone only enjoyed it when they won then the people that lost wouldnt do it.
If i did a TT and no-one else did it, it would be a personal one, and id just keep doing that route and competing against myself, and comparing my results with previous ones.
Face it Bonj, you do some pointless sports. Your floored

bonj2

Joe24 said:
Bonj, you edited that from saying chess is only fun because you get to beat an opponent.
Chess is pointless.
Sport isnt just fun because you get to beat someone, or there wouldnt be many people doing it, because if everyone only enjoyed it when they won then the people that lost wouldnt do it.

Why is tennis fun, then? If it's not, why do people play it?

i'll tell you why, it's because you can do good shots even if they don't beat the opponent, and you subconsciously associate good shots with winning, even if you don't win that particular game in which you do them.
In other words when you do a really good shot, which may be one in 5, you think 'that may not beat this guy this time, but if I do it like that all the time, then it will.' As such, it is satisfying to do such a shot.

bonj2

Joe24 said:
Chess is pointless.
If i did a TT and no-one else did it, it would be a personal one, and id just keep doing that route and competing against myself, and comparing my results with previous ones.
Face it Bonj, you do some pointless sports. Your floored

Furthermore, you don't always know you're going to lose.
Although i often enjoy the games when i know i'm going to lose more than the ones i know i'm going to win, because the prowess of the opponent will FORCE me to do better shots, which are instrinsically more satisfying -- the reason for that is because i know they will win games, even if not this time, but the reason is unimportant - it's fun to do good shots. When people beat me at squash it's normally only ever because they have either got better shots or are able to trick me - not usually because they can get aroun faster, as i'm faster than most people of a similar standard.

Joe24

bonj said:
Why is tennis fun, then? If it's not, why do people play it?

i'll tell you why, it's because you can do good shots even if they don't beat the opponent, and you subconsciously associate good shots with winning, even if you don't win that particular game in which you do them.
In other words when you do a really good shot, which may be one in 5, you think 'that may not beat this guy this time, but if I do it like that all the time, then it will.' As such, it is satisfying to do such a shot.

Why do people play squash? theres no tactics there, just wack it at a wall hard as and hope for the best.
Why do people spend hours sitting by a river waiting for a fish to get their hook, for them to just throw the fish back into the river when they got it out? Why not just leave the fish in the water in the first place?
And why do they sit by the river Bonj, they arent competeting against anyone, just sat there.
If i had the power, i would change the rules on what a sport is.

Joe24

bonj said:
Furthermore, you don't always know you're going to lose.
Although i often enjoy the games when i know i'm going to lose more than the ones i know i'm going to win, because the prowess of the opponent will FORCE me to do better shots, which are instrinsically more satisfying -- the reason for that is because i know they will win games, even if not this time, but the reason is unimportant - it's fun to do good shots. When people beat me at squash it's normally only ever because they have either got better shots or are able to trick me - not usually because they can get aroun faster, as i'm faster than most people of a similar standard.

How can you be faster then people of a similar standard, if your faster then they arent as good as a standard are they Bonj?

Bonj, your floored, again. Do a proper sport and actually become a serious cyclist. Your a POB really arent you;)

bonj2

Joe24 said:
Chess is pointless.

let me give you a list of games/sports Joe and you tell me which ones you think are pointless and which aren't:

Chess
Skiing
Cycle road racing
Cycle track racing
Downhill racing mountain biking
Cross country racing mountain biking
Tennis
Squash
Badminton
Table tennis
Women's beach volleyball
Water polo
Polo on horses
Draughts
Darts
Poker
Cricket
Backgammon
Horse racing
Marathon running
Track running

that'll do for now. pointlessness yes or no for each please. I'm bound to catch you out :ohmy:

Joe24

bonj said:
let me give you a list of games/sports Joe and you tell me which ones you think are pointless and which aren't:

Chess pointless
Skiing pointless
Cycle road racing alright
Cycle track racing alright
Downhill racing mountain biking alright
Cross country racing mountain biking alright
Tennis pointless
Squash pointless
Badminton pointless
Table tennis pointless
Women's beach volleyball pointless unless the women are very attractive with not alot on
Water polo pointless
Polo on horses pointless, horsy riding is pointless aswell
Draughts pointless
Darts pointless
Poker pointless
Cricket pointless
Backgammon pointless
Horse racing pointless
Marathon running alright
Track running alright

that'll do for now. pointlessness yes or no for each please. I'm bound to catch you out :ohmy:

There you go chum

Joe24

[quote name='swee'pea99']How can you say water polo is pointless?[/QUOTE]

Easy. Tell me why its not pointless.

Top Bottom