Why are women so obsessed about looking young?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

simoncc

Women spend a fortune on creams and other ineffectual methods of keeping young looking. Why? Should the NHS regard this behaviour as a mental illness?

Keith Oates

Janner
It's not only the women!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

zimzum42

Legendary Member
I think we should get together a fund to send Simon to Thailand to see the truth of Keith's comment!

And I'm not thinking about the ladyboys, it's the straight men who have more products that the walrus indoors at CC towers! ;)

PaulB

Legendary Member
Why would any man wish to ask an unanswerable question?

Any male over the age of 15 who's still trying to figure out the ladies (gawd bless 'em) has clearly been living on Mars. In a cave. With his fingers in his ears. Going "la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la".

I'll just humbly point out that both of these threads were started by men...apparently passing judgements about what they perceive all women apparently to be 'obsessed' by. The day that discussions about women aren't reduced to demeaning and objectifying comments about their bodies we'll be living in another dimension/planet/universe ;)

Cunobelin said:
'cos its wot is expected!

Is it?

Speicher

Vice Admiral
Cunobelin said:
'cos its wot is expected!

What I expect to be able to do, is to look healthy and happy.

I was watching "Strictly Come Dancing" last night. Cheri Longhi is a five years older than me. I thought she had more natural grace and beauty than some of the much younger (by twenty years or so) female celebrities. Her dancing partner, James, looks as if he would agree.

I think that growing older gracefully is more important. I am sure I cannot be the only woman or man to think so.

Spoked Wheels

Legendary Member
PaulB said:
Why would any man wish to ask an unanswerable question?

Any male over the age of 15 who's still trying to figure out the ladies (gawd bless 'em) has clearly been living on Mars. In a cave. With his fingers in his ears. Going "la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la".

Is that what you think of women?

I have a wife and two daughters, work with ladies too and I have never treated women as if they were different to men. My wife is sitting right next to me and reading your post and her comment was "what a demeaning comment" and I have to agree with her.

Spoked Wheels

Legendary Member
Mr Pig said:
Why do women spend spend disproportionate time trying to stay attractive? The real question is, why would any man want to complain about this??

I couldn't agree more ;) My wife is a year older than me but she looks probably 10 years younger than me and I can only say "what a lucky man I am" ;)

I feel proud to have a beautiful and young looking wife.

buggi

Bird Saviour
Yes, why are you complaining. If you want we can all let ourselves go, keep our hair frizzy, get fat, minging, grow moustaches and a forest, keep our legs lovely and furry, have underarm hair we can plait, greasy spotty skin, bad teeth and bad breath, long toe nails...

is this what you want?

it's called self respect, we want to look good and for ourselves too, not just for men. this doesn't mean we are going to be mutton dressed as lamb, you can look after yourself and grow old gracefully too. it's about style

Top Bottom